What could cause my dash fuse to blow when I turn, read for details...

Octavarium454

OK, I recently got done rebuilding my 95 GTP (which I must thank all of you for your insightful tips and knowledge) and she is great. I accidently timed it at a 10 degree retard but now I get 10% better mileage over what GM says (29 mpg highway, 22 city). Not nearly as powerful as she could be but I'm not complaining. Anyways to my problem.

I recently went on a road trip with the car and on the way back and sometimes when I made a turn I would blow the dash fuse. Even the slightest turn on a highway would blow it. I first I thought it was a random thing until it kept happening even during the slightest turns. However, it never happens until the motor is warmed up (about 10 miles of driving). It only happens when I am turning, and not going straight.

Some other info that may be helpful.

-I have the common issue where the blinker switch needs to be held back in order for it to engage the lights.

-My low oil light is always on, and when I turn the wheels the other light (red) flickers. (What sensor controls this, I want to fix it anyways.)

-Doesn't happen unless I'm moving.

Any suggestions would be helpful. The problem isn't catastrophic but really pisses me off. Oh, and if anyone wants to keep the odometer down in the low miles it does not work when the fuse is gone or blown. Very useful if your on a long trip and can tell what speed your going without the speedometer.

The fuse is being blown because the wire is shorting to ground when you're making a turn. Trace the wiring and look for any bare spots & make sure the wire isn't pinched behind anything. Since it blows when you're tuning, the wire is likely being pulled by the steering column.