GTP BBQ (pics)

sl3196

Through the wheel well?!? Thats a new one on me! If it truly was professionally done then thats sad that the truck was allowed to leave the shop like that. I would say at least 8 out of 10 people that come into my work with systems they installed themselves, or attempted to install have the power wire running through the door jamb. Most of the time these cars have LARGE grommets that could easily accommodate a 4 gauge wire. I would understand more if the car was like my Park Ave. That firewall was a bitch and a half to get through.

note the "professional" quality means a shop in the ghetto. i have yet to find a vehicle i can't pass a wire through correctly...

BTW: their idea of correctly splicing wire involves electrical tape and zip ties :eek: from an 8 guage to a 12...

i guess the term "distribution block" was failed to be mentioned during "training"

EDIT: and i guess i should mention that they didn't bother to hide any wires either(ALL of it was exposed to even the most untrained eye), had the RCAs twisted around the power cable, no fuses, drilled a hole in the door panels and hot glued tweeters in right at eye level.... i guess if thats professional quality, i'm the god of car audio installations and i should be charging upwards of $1000 for labor alone :lol: i make my shit look good.

Wow.....i sure as hell hope that shops not in business anymore.

Wow.....i sure as hell hope that shops not in business anymore.

nope, still ripping people off left and right... i drive by it about once a month, cars are always in the lot.

i meant prove your a god of car audio (not being an ass i just like to see some sweet installs) :high5: :mrgreen:

i never said it was sweet, but it was done perfectly... a 200watt Memphis Depth Charge amp and composite 6X9s will NEVER comprise sweet... i have yet to tear apart the doors and replace the factory 5 1/4" speakers though... i don't know how long it will take for disassembly/reassembly

oh i thought you may have done a few cars for people or something. when i do them i try to take pics and stuff just for my own knowing i guess, nobody ever really sees them. but i like to have them.

oh i thought you may have done a few cars for people or something. when i do them i try to take pics and stuff just for my own knowing i guess, nobody ever really sees them. but i like to have them.

just the vehicles in the family are allowed my magic touch...

which so far has been about 10 vehicles of various makes and models...

and you got no pics?? aww that sucks!

when i do something that i can easily replicate, i tend not to take pics, when i make something special, i go nuts with the camera. i'll get pics of the install i did in the monte(since they were all about the same principle: hide everything possible to keep it looking clean), but i has to wait for wifey to get back from arkansas...

You jackers! Well its ran good for a week now haha! I need to buy one of those fancy stereo connectors for the battery post to get my sub going again.

You jackers! Well its ran good for a week now haha! I need to buy one of those fancy stereo connectors for the battery post to get my sub going again.

a ring terminal? not too fancy but it would work...

I was thinking that or one of those that hook directly to the battery, that have room for large gauge wires.

I was thinking that or one of those that hook directly to the battery, that have room for large gauge wires.

oh, one of the top-post connections... i've got one, have had it for about 3 years now, i have yet to use it on anything...