The Burning Rom

Alright, I have two questions. The first one is, are the lower intake manifolds from the 3100 different than the ones from the Gen II lower intake manifolds? I don't have a Gen II manifold out of a car to compare the 3100 manifold to.

Also, does anyone know if there is a good HD High Volume Oil Pump for the 3100 motor? I know http://www.mantapart.com has one for the 2.8/3.1, but I'm not sure if I can get it to work with the 3100. So, I was wondering if anyone knew of any other options?

Any info is much appreciated! :)

have any idea what the part number for a standard 3100 oil pump is? I think "Melling" makes HD oil pumps for at least the gen II's if I'm thinking right, they might have a HD application for the gen III :?:

Why are you wanting to put in a different oil pump? The stock pump puts out PLENTY of pressure, what are you doing to the engine? I'm running a 3.4 DOHC with LOTS of work done to it and I still only need stock pressure.

Why are you wanting to put in a different oil pump? The stock pump puts out PLENTY of pressure, what are you doing to the engine? I'm running a 3.4 DOHC with LOTS of work done to it and I still only need stock pressure.

The pump I have has 145,000 miles on it. The engine is going into a TGP with a larger turbo, aux. oil cooler, dual remote oil filter, as well as a bored block. I want a little more than stock pressure :wink:

Jason, Autozone lists the Melling HV(high volume) oil pumps...I looked one up for a 95 GP w/ the "3.1 SFI" as they list it...it is listed as part number M-134HV (3 month warranty), the regular melling is listed as M-134 ....the HV is actually almost a $1 cheaper than the regular one..they also list a "Hi-Tech" HV oil pump w/ a 2yr warranty for $83 ..Hope this helps!

EDIT: btw, the same melling HV's are listed for the 3.1 MPFI's :wink:

Thanks for the all info! :D I guess I'll be making a trip to Autozone soon. :)

no problemo'...good luck on the project! I've just started a new project within my old one for my 93 and I've got another automotive project I've just undertaken(non w-body related..)...I need more $$$!!!!!

no problemo'...good luck on the project! I've just started a new project within my old one for my 93 and I've got another automotive project I've just undertaken(non w-body related..)...I need more $$$!!!!!

Thanks! Good luck with your project too! :D

I know I have a few things to figure out for mine yet...like where I'm gonna get the engine machining done......and the specs for my cam regrind :oops: I'm hoping I can get a little insight on that from Jeff... :D