95 Cutlass Sedan loaded, what do you think?

w-bodys_are_the_best

My gf's friend has had this car for over a year and ever since I saw it I have been interested in it. It's a 95 sedan, maroon like my 94 coupe, charcoal leather, dual zone ECC, SWRC, moonroof, and LQ1. It has higher miles, 188k, but she has stuck alot of money into it, almost $2k. She bought it for $800 and not long after the compressor froze up so she put a brand new one in and the air works great. It also has lots of new hoses, new belt, and new brakes all around with 2 new rotors. It is in definite need of rear struts, it's pretty bouncy and makes alot of noise from the struts. There is a rip in the driver's seat (pic) but the rest are in great shape. You can see in the pics that it needs a good cleaning and there is a bunch of cardboard and other crap in it, but I know the other seats are in good shape from seeing it not long ago. The windows work fine, rare for a 4 door in this price range. The best part is she is asking $800 for it. It has some scuffs in the front bumper from somone pulling out in front of her, but they don't look bad at all. It is missing foglights also, which I would have to replace. That's very common on northern cutlass' if they're ever put in the ditch, both fogs get toasted. It doesn't have much rust, starting to bubble by the DOHC badges and some on hood (pic). Oil looked great, trans fluid was decent, not pink, red, but not dark red. Trans felt really good for the milage. She has had it a little over a year and has no history for it before that, but with that many miles, I can assume it's had a few T-belts done and possibly a trans rebuild by now. The motor is one of the dirtiest LQ1's I've seen. The temp did run about in the middle, never overheated or anything though. Trans felt great, it ran up in RPM's pretty good although it wouldn't break the tires loose from a stop, maybe it needs a bit of a tune-up. It also will need mufflers soonm, they are starting to rot. Her dad fixed one with some tin and actually did a decent job, but they will have to be replaced.

I am trying to sel my Buick to my gf's dad for $650 w/o the new tires. I'd buy this if I do sell it. I have a spare LQ1 and new T-belt kit just collecting dust in case something happens with this. It seems like a great deal to me, I love the color since I had my 94 and the charcoal leather looks alot better than the maroon. I also love the sound of an LQ1 around town qith rotting mufflers, some aftermarket mufflers will be in order here. I could throw some KYB's in the back and replace the shot struts. I'd probably have to get some 5 spokes for it (though it has only 3k on new tires), I think it would look alot better with them, not sure why a loaded 95 has sawblades in the first place.

What do yall think?

063009_193501.jpg

063009_193502.jpg

063009_193503.jpg

063009_193504.jpg

063009_193600.jpg

063009_193601.jpg

063009_193701.jpg

063009_193400.jpg

063009_193500.jpg

063009_193602.jpg

063009_193603.jpg

063009_193700.jpg

063009_193800.jpg

063009_193801.jpg

It looked pretty clean underneath, scaling on suspension parts but not horrible, about the same amount as my 91. I don't have money anyways, but I was thinking if I can get $600-700 out of my park avenue, I'd just lowball her whatever I get. I'm particular to the color and the charcoal looks great. The few missing pieces could be had pretty cheap at the JY. I think there are even 2 sets of sedan charcoal cutlass front seats at the yard, at least 1 unless they crushed it. I was always thinking about buying them to throw in the 96 I sold to anthoy, but having sedan seats in a coupe would spell a few probelms for getting into the back.

• 2 weeks later...

Poor car. Get a coupe front end on it, replace the hood with a coupe cowl hood, and get the engine cleaned up, and it'd be good.

I don't think that the front end is exactly bolt on - for a swap, I'm not even sure if the cladding lines up.

Now as for the car.

I say no - emphatically.

Also, I'll add that there was a reason that they included hood bras with most of these cars with the blunt end on the hood. Ouch on the big rust spot. The price isn't the issue, it's just how much of a headache this thing could end up being in my opinion.

Poor car. Get a coupe front end on it, replace the hood with a coupe cowl hood, and get the engine cleaned up, and it'd be good.

I don't think that the front end is exactly bolt on - for a swap, I'm not even sure if the cladding lines up.

Now as for the car.

I say no - emphatically.

Also, I'll add that there was a reason that they included hood bras with most of these cars with the blunt end on the hood. Ouch on the big rust spot. The price isn't the issue, it's just how much of a headache this thing could end up being in my opinion.

Oh, it's been done. ;-)

What is the obsession with blurring license plates!??!!? I DON'T GET IT

I don't usually bother with my own, but when posting someone else's car I do. I don't think anyone can really do anything with the number, but other people do, so I do because that's what all the cool people are doing.

As for the car, It's not as nice as I thought it was, I'm still kind of interested in it, but also broke. I don't think it's going anywhere anytime soon, so maybe if I get some extra cash I'll lowball her an offer of $600 or so.

In the first picture if you go 1/2 mile down the gravel road and turn right there is 1/2 mile stretch of minimum maintinence road pure mudding heaven. This is where the jeep usually gets dirty and the mudding pics and vids came from. If you go 1/2 mile down the paved road, that's where I used to live (left side), my house out in the counrty that was badass, but hell to heat in the winter. I believe the intersection in the pic is where I stopped the 96 Cutlass and let Anthony drive, then told him to roast the tires when he took off. :lol:

Oh, and Cutlass sedans rock, not as much as cutlass coupes, but they still rock. I've owned 4 Cutli, all coupes. I almost bought my brothers 94 sedan that looked identical to rockfangd's or however he spells his it.

I believe the intersection in the pic is where I stopped the 96 Cutlass and let Anthony drive' date=' then told him to roast the tires when he took off. :lol:

[/quote']

LOL!