HUD Windshield

god910

I need a new windshield, the P/O said the one in it now is the second one. He says that after a hot day the w/s will crack. I took it to some people that I used to deliver pizza's to, and they said the glass was autolite and they make their own glass and it's crap. They use OEM glass and said that could be it, but it looks like a stress crack. (I'm worried about body flex) Anyway, is there a big difference between the HUD w/s and the non HUD w/s? She qouted me (her cost) $260 installed for the HUD w/s, which I don't think is bad, but she also said, $100 less for the non HUD :shock: So if I can get away w/ it, that makes sense, and I know people add the HUD to non HUD cars, so what has the luck been w/o the specific w/s? Any input is greatful. Also, the money is no big deal, I just want it all to work correctly. Thanks a ton.

Its not really a big deal. The HUD w/s is a little more reflective so in the day you can see the HUD better, but who really cares? If its $100 difference, just go with the non-hud.

Same thing here my friend has a HUD in his 92 CS and i have non HUD winshield and actually my looks better at night and now he wants to trade HUD with me because my looks sharper. Stay with cheaper one

Thanks guys that is what I was hoping to hear, not because of the price but I would rather test on a cheaper w/s, and find out if it's gonna break again. If it does I'm afraid I'm gonna have to put some of those damn vent-shade window shade things and leave my windows cracked on hot days. I don't like the look of them and hopefully the OEM glass will hold up better.

They use OEM glass and said that could be it, but it looks like a stress crack. (I'm worried about body flex)

Sounds like you could use a set of STBs to help with some of that flex...

check my thread in for sale/trade...

anyway, i didnt know there was a diff. I drove malibu olds' car with the hud and non hud w/s and i could see it fine in day and night...

just my 2 cents..

- Justin