Spoiler Trouble

daytonboi

Okay I bought me a spoiler a while back well i just got around to painting it and such and tonight i was putting the tape on the bottom of it. Well i laid it down and went to get something and wasn't paying attention and stepped on the edge of it. Well now its got about a 2-3" crack in it. I don't want to buy me another spoiler. Would like to fix this one how would I go about doing that.

100_0324.jpg

100_0325-1.jpg

100_0326.jpg

The only thing i can think of, would be to reinforce the underside with fiberglass, and then sand/fille/refinish the top properly.

yep, bondo, bondo and more bondo...

I would use fiberglass, it's harder to work with than bondo but it holds up better.

Yeah, thats why i said to fiberglass the underside, to give it some strength and support. Then on the top you could use bondo because its easier to work with. This way you don't have to be a fiberglass expert.

However, like you said, doing it all in fiberglass will result in a much more permanent and better quality fix.

i think the proper fix is to actually grind out the crack, then fiberglass the underside, fill the crack with a small amount of resin and a little fiberglass, sand it smooth and a finish coat of bondo.