why doesnt my car have an oil pressure gauge?

sloick

i really dont know anything about there cars and what got what, but this lumina( http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrolet-Lumina-Z34-1992-CHEVROLET-LUMINA-Z34-RARE-FIND-LETS-MAKE-A-DEAL_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a12Q7c66Q3a2Q7c39Q3a1Q7c72Q3a1171Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a0Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem3352c60dbfQQitemZ220432043455QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks ) has an oil pressure ggauge and mine have temp and volt meter. is this a 5spd vs auto thing? this one is also a 92 and mine is a 93. im kind of jealous. :question:

90-92 luminas had the temp/oil pressure gauge and 93-94 had the temp/volts. supposedly some late build 92's had the volts as well. Honestly I think the volts is far more useful in a 3.4 car then oil psi. helps you keep tabs on that alternator.

90-92 luminas had the temp/oil pressure gauge and 93-94 had the temp/volts. supposedly some late build 92's had the volts as well. Honestly I think the volts is far more useful in a 3.4 car then oil psi. helps you keep tabs on that alternator.

a volt meter is easier for me to install though.

a volt meter is easier for me to install though.

i think a voltmeter has to be the easiest guage to install, ever.

i wonder if your car has the oil pressure sensor or switch? i'm assuming since there's no guage, just an idiot light, its probably just a switch...

... you CAN swap clusters to get one that has an oil gauge...

there is one single pin wire difference between the clusters... I have a write-up of the pinouts in the FAQ section...

and then all you need to do is change the short oil switch to a long oil sender....

Personaly I want OIL pressure. The DOHC's leak oil. At least mine do. PLus its easier to install after market volt gauge then oil pressure IMO.

I've suggested in all seriousness that someone with a lumina should have the oil gauge cluster and get a voltmeter that can fit where the gear indicator goes.... perfect for anyone with a floor-shift... :twisted:

Odd...My 1990 Lumina Euro Coupe had an oil pressure gauge and my 1991 Lumina Euro Coupe had a voltmeter.

you sure?

if the wrong cluster is put in, you will simply have no working oil gauge.