emergency!!!

jayman

well i decided to take a road trip up to ottawa fron niagara, car made it here fine... now that ive driven another 600k in town here visiting family and stuff, so... i have to leave here in an hour, but lastnight i came back to the parents place and the key wouldnt come out of the ignitiion, engine would go off but key wouldnt come out. so after jiggling it a few times it i got it out, so... now when i pout the key in itll go all teh way in but it wont turn forward, like its jammed, no resistance puttinmg the key in it just wont move! im going to try to get it moving, just some advise would be great thanks!

1994 cutlass conmvertible

If a pinch, you can try some graphite lubricant. Spray it into the cylinder, and work the key in and out, and try turning it too. It's a temporary fix, but enough to get you home so you can fix it.

i tried to get my key out with the car not in park...it wouldnt come out. then my friend was so nice to point out my stupidity. I hope this isnt what your problem is

You drove 600k in a few days?! DAMN!?

The only thing I have to say about the graphite is I would be very leary about putting it into a 94-96 PassKey II cylinder.

The only thing I have to say about the graphite is I would be very leary about putting it into a 94-96 PassKey II cylinder.

If the key cylinder is already fucked, who cares? It's sure as hell safer than spraying some form of liquid lubricant into the cylinder.

If the key cylinder is already fucked, who cares? It's sure as hell safer than spraying some form of liquid lubricant into the cylinder.

He's right, but make sure you get it fixed as soon as you get home. These can give you big problems.