handshakes all around.

scotty

hello all. ive been floating the boards for a couple months. looks like a really cool community. ive always been a cutlass guy, owned 4 so far. 77,78,88,91. the 91 started my major craze with this body style. but due to a lil crash my 91 is now totaled. you can see pics clickin the www button. i bought my 88 for 99 bux on ebay for parts. well it recently became daily driver. it has over 250k miles...not sure cuz dash now says error instead of miles. not sure why. im not really all that car savvy and i know ive seen some stuff on here that id like to do to mine,but ill utilize the search feature before i bug all of you with questions...lol. one thing i want to say though. is i have alot of stuff from the 91..and some i took off the 88 and swapped with 91. if ya need something let me know...i dont really wanna sell anything would consider alot of trading. you can email me if ya like. ill stop rambling and let ya get on to the good stuff

cheers

scotty

well it recently became daily driver. it has over 250k miles...not sure cuz dash now says error instead of miles.

Well, the Odometer Mileage has gone past its max number. It can be reset but you need those expensive tools. Try to display the Trip Odometer instead.

Or

Get another dash from junkyard.

guy ran a red light. didint even try to stop. but the 91 3.1 still runs and strong ,was goin to swap motors but since comin to these boards some of the members convinced me other wise. as for the dash i was gonna try to do the conversion. since i have both. just havent had time yet. i know the car has high miles. doesnt bother me its not working. it was 99 bux, and was supposed to be a parts car lol and doesnt compare to the 91....yet

oh and thanks for the welcome... :wink:

ouch ya...very limited edition *Narrow Body* hope noone was hurt in yours. im lucky gf wasnt with me.she would of got a push bar to the head. i had a set of RF punch splits in my door, there meant for placement in the dash and now i know why. there only held in by push clips. well the one that was in that door, flew out and got me in the forhead.. and everyone says stereos will cause ya to go deaf not serious brain trauma...lol. must not caused much...i know not to put them back in my door :lol: funny thing of it all were fighting insurance co, they said with as lil damage the other vehicle had mine cant be that bad. so me working in graphic design/signs we have a 36" digital printer. i sent them 10 poster size pics. let them tell me theres no damage now.

anyone know where i can get passenger side gfx off a 91? even if i have to buy it complete.

cheers

scotty

Welcome to the board, hey, I've got one of those rare "Narrow Body" Cutlass's too.

212886_4_full.jpg

justin do you still have those rims? interested in selling or trading them? :D oh and welcome, if your looking for gfx i might be able to get them for you, just send an email to dbperf@hotmail.com telling me specifially what you need, also visit my site; DBperf.tripod.com

If got the special "Built on a monday or friday"....but sure quite a few of those were built. None of the fenders line up. Trunk doesnt sit perfectly flat. One fender has more of a gap than the other. And its NEVER been wrecked or hit...but once...from a stop!

welcome aboard

Jon

the 88 runs pretty decent considering its got 270k + miles. has its bugs,im working on them. this car was for parts, a week before we were driving down the head gasket went on the 91. so we were forced to rent a van drive to pick up the cutty and drive it back and then driven for a week while i changed the head gasket. i decided since it saved my ass not to dismantle it. i stripped the paint off it. boy was this thing ugly. to my surprise very lil rust, cpl small bondo spots. since the wreck i hurried up and spray bombed it so it was kinda respectable on the streets...lol. i wish i had before pics of it...this is it now not bad for 99 bux

P1010002.jpg

pictures lie...lol. it needs a paint job. i bought my hometown out of the black metallic paint.. wasnt nearly enough to finish it decent. i like to do things myself and been saving to buy the equipment to paint it the right way...was kinda forced into this. any word from the junkyard phantom?