Stupid question about removing the carpet

dodgethis

Well its not really the carpet but its the carpet thats up above the passengers feet. I am talking abou the lower portion to the floor from the glove box. I wanted to know a better way to take the upper carpet part off. I noticed it has two black plastic screw in type caps. I am unable to get them off because there is no head or anything to get a screw driver to get them off. I have tried taking one side off but in doing so I had ripped the whole where the screw goes through the carpet and had to make a new hole for it to get mounted above.

What do you guys think.

Car: '98 lumina

if its the same as the 95 monte, i just ripped it all out. it was hanging down and had holes in it since a mouse or two decided to make it their home for a while... looks much better now that its gone. and its not that noticable either, unless you lean the seat way back...

Yours actually stays up on it's own? Consider yourself lucky. In my green 97 I took it down and I just can't get it to stay in place anymore. On the other two cars, It has ever been down.

IIRC, the black plastic screw cap things come down, and I think it just slides into place. You don't really need it so I wouldn't worry too much about it if you rip it or decide to not use it.

Trying to get to the lock relay to wire your keyless entry eh? Ya my cover must of been taken off before because my plastic clips were really easy to get out. I just pulled that carpet stuff down and they came right off. Yours must have never been removed before if it is that tough to get out. No worries just pull it down and if you damage anything just shove it back up into place and use double sided tape or Velcro if you can't get it to stay in place by itself. I have used a pry bar to remove those little plastic buggers in other situations and it works fairly well.

Trying to get to the lock relay to wire your keyless entry eh? Ya my cover must of been taken off before because my plastic clips were really easy to get out. I just pulled that carpet stuff down and they came right off. Yours must have never been removed before if it is that tough to get out. No worries just pull it down and if you damage anything just shove it back up into place and use double sided tape or Velcro if you can't get it to stay in place by itself. I have used a pry bar to remove those little plastic buggers in other situations and it works fairly well.

Cubsfan24 your so funny. Yea my girl friend is going to eat with the parents. I will have the whole time by myself for the most part. I thought this might be a good time to go get some wires from radio shack and start looking for the relay and start hooking it up. It shouldnt take too long.

Thanks for the info guys I'll be sure to check it out once everything settles down and start to get to work.