where to buy walbro fuel pump?

intern8tion9l

i'm going to replace my fuel pump since i already have the tank out to change lines. i'm going with the walbro 255lph, which is a pretty standard upgrade. i've been trying http://www.autoperformanceengineering.com for days, and cannot reach anyone on the phone. tgpilot on tgpforums got his from that site, but i'm really cautious about just putting my credit card info through an unfamiliar website. i prefer to speak to a human. anyone else bought one? if so, where from?

I got mine from eBay. $97.99 shipped. No problems, comes with all the hardware. Haven't installed it yet though (going into the TGP). This is the seller:

Linkiedink.

I put an older Walbro 255lph (the old design) into my Cutlass. It's way quieter than OEM.

I've heard that they shipped production over to China in the past two years and the new products suck.....my buddy had one fail in his GP and dumped it for a different unit. This was just months after installing it.

I think this is a documented case on clubgp.

well that sure isn't settling to hear. the last thing i want to do is get the tank and everything back in and have to take it out again....

Huh, I guess the old ones were better. The one I have in my Cutlass which is very quiet is from 2001. It's a different design from the one I just got last year for the TGP. I guess I'll find out if it's worse, but hopefully it'll last long enough for me to sell the car.