HAY. My car was ACTUALLY broken into

mra32

It was a slightly strange series of events but I was awoken at 12:30 ish and long story short I come out to a dude halfway in my car. Not wanting to stir the crackheads natrural behavior, I allowed him to walk away calmly. I dont know if that was the best thing to do (as opposed to coming down with my machete or hitting him with a brick), but i definitely got a good id on him and stopped the crime. I dont think he will be found, but I got some info from snooping around tonight.

Anyone got tips on pulling a front passenger lumina window?

thats terrible, I have a hard time dealing with situations like that. (anxiety sucks :willynilly:)

I keep a steel baseball bat next to my bed. Am i crazy? :eek:

Good luck to you. Did he get anything important?

Yeah its probably not worth knocking them upside the head because you would probably go to jail for assault or something stupid like that. I would have at least chased him off with something though so he gets the idea not to come back.

Sorry to hear Mike.

Several years ago I used to live off-campus in the ghetto in West Philly when I went to college at La Salle University. I definitely kept a baseball bat next to my bed. You have no idea how many times I was woken up by my Clifford car alarm going off. No one ever broke my windows though. I can't even count the number of times I went outside with a bat looking to crack someone's head open at like 3am or later. I'm sure you can go to Harry's in Pennsburg and get a new window easily. They used to have a ton of Lumis there a few years ago. Good luck.

i think the retarded theif got nothing. maybe my registration sticker which is up next month. These criminals are so dumb.

I guess cos he sucked to bad to take anything, that makes him a vandal and not a theif

Going to shortys after my dentist appt today

bats? guns?you pussies, i sleep with my knife, with a 12" mag-lite close by

i just sleep with the key fob to the alarm

that has some shock value, but nothing says, GTFO like a knife in the ribs and a mag-lite to the skull...

on a related note, mag-lite paint is VERY durable...

and that's why you are the man with the pirate avatar!

don't suppose you can change my name for a little while to match the personality???

don't suppose you can change my name for a little while to match the personality???

You should be able to change that yourself. I don't remember the details, but go to profile and figure it out from there.

You should be able to change that yourself. I don't remember the details, but go to profile and figure it out from there.

nope... its nothing i can change...

mag-lite ftw!

I bought a 4-D cell mag-lite when I was in 6th grade like 13 years ago and I still use it. it sits nicely between the passenger seat and the center console in my regal.

I just bought one of the new 3watt LED 4-D cell mag-lites for the bonneville, and will be getting one for the jag too. best damn flashlites i've ever used.

I know I would have lost it in that situation..I black out when I get THAT pissed off and bad things can happen. lol But like was said the way the law is now its better to let em walk then woop there ass, if martial law was still allowed maybe things like this wouldnt happen so much.

got a window back in place. It was about $25 for a window, the outside trim piece that the theif mangled, a door closer, and the inside trim piece (which i broke doing the headliner)

it got me out to the junkyard and i thought i got a pretty good deal on the stuff. My friend and I pulled all this in like 15 minutes before they closed. The lumina i was working on was a base ass maui blue lumina (crank windows) with under 61K miles on it. It was in pretty good condition and the dashpad was gone. So was the headlinder and the seats. I may go back for the carpet and door handles. and any other blue interior pieces

The plaid headliner is safe. :cool:

The plaid headliner is safe. :cool:

IT LIVES! ALL BOW BEFORE THE MIGHT OF PLAID!

on a serious note: if i broke into a car and saw a plaid headliner, i would have left as fast as i could :lol:

mag-lite ftw!

I bought a 4-D cell mag-lite when I was in 6th grade like 13 years ago and I still use it. it sits nicely between the passenger seat and the center console in my regal.

I just bought one of the new 3watt LED 4-D cell mag-lites for the bonneville, and will be getting one for the jag too. best damn flashlites i've ever used.

ditto, I keep one tucked between the rear bench and the door in the Cutlass, fits pretty snug. Good to walk with at night for scrawny guys like me :lol: