should I buy?

Norm228

ok, I got a line on a 92 grand prix, looks like a gt. auto tranny is shot, body is nice and straight, interior is in good shape.... it's $450 bucks, and seeing as I don't know, or have a garage to replace a tranny, I'm gonna have to send it out. I can get a 90K mile trany for $350 at a local JY. don't have any idea what it will cost for the install.... thoughts?

here is a pic

3k43m43lbZZZZZZZZZ96f2b2104a0e1eb1be1.jpg

As far as a deal goes, that seems like a pretty good one.

In my opinion, i think 90k is alot of miles to buy a used tranny to throw in, unless its a good deal. (both to buy and install)

They had 2 door GT's that looked like that in 91-93, that were 3.1 cars only IIRC. There was a thread in this section all about them!

Doesn't look like a bad deal, intact valence to boot!!!!! And a 90k mile trans doesn't sound that horrible.

The GTs were available with an LQ1, too. The one I got the charcoal leather interior out of had an LQ1.

IF there's nothing else wrong with the car other than the trans, that's not a bad deal (though I'd try to talk him down to $350; start by offering him $300). However, if you don't know how to rebuild the trans yourself, or swap it out, it's going to get pretty costly to get that thing on the road again. Not to mention, if there are other things wrong with it, that can add up very quickly.