My TGP is about over the hill

Mike J.

When I drive it home today from work it will turn over the 50,000 mile mark. I am trying to decide whether to just part it out or see if it will go another 13 years till the 100k mark. Whada ya think.

Guest TurboSedan
When I drive it home today from work it will turn over the 50,000 mile mark. I am trying to decide whether to just part it out or see if it will go another 13 years till the 100k mark. Whada ya think.

i think you'll make it to at least 200,000 miles if not many more if you take good care of it.

joshua

No shit, eh? I bought my car with 145,000km and now it's at 185,000km and it's still running strong. Everything works and works well, with the exception of some minor electrical glitches. It works very good considering it's a 12 year old car, far better than some of vehicles that are much newer.

you have got to be shitin me. 50k and your thinking of parting it out. your car isnt even brokin in yet :lol: ive got 122 on my car and it runs like a champ

50k? This better be a joke.

really.

No really, it better be a joke.

Seriously man, There is not a car in our driveway that has less then 100 k on it. We even have a 2000 Nissan Atlima and it has 103k on it. You would be crazy if you thought of getting rid of a car at 50k. I am sure you could ask anyone on here and 95% of us have twice as many miles as you do and we are still running great!

Hell I bought my truck with 146k on it.

My car only has 56k though.

HAHAHA our 1988 S10 has 190k! we win! nothing is wrong, except at 175k in needed ew valve seals and the tranny was slipping a bit, so we put a new motor and tranny in it. 4.3 auto, and god thats the only thing to ever go wrong with it. bullet proof.

Guest TurboSedan

my '91 VIN 'T' n/a 3.1 MPFI has 213,000 miles and is still running Very Very Strong. it's never had a valve job, no new head gaskets, not rebuilt at all, no cam or new timing chain, etc. i've replace some gaskets and that's it. the 3.1 in general is a very very reliable engine IMO.....right up there with the Buick 3800 V6. i think the 50,000 mile 'mint' '90 TGP and parting it out was a joke.....that car has sooooo much life left.

joshua