How to remove Console Trim?

TGP Z-34 STE

I need walk through on how to remove Manual console Trim? I couldnt take Joystick top off for console trim to come out.

Also.. my HUD is working fine. But it isnt in right place where I can see, actually I have to move my head right by front windowshield to see. Is there anybody who can tell me what need to adjust the HUD? I am going to remove HUD rite now, any info asap will appericate! Thanks

I'm guessing this is a Grand Prix. The console top comes off by removing the 7mm bolts near the console top lid. It's been forever, I can't remember where they're all hiding but I'm positive you need to pull the console pocket itself out to see two of them. Remove the shift knob then pull up around the DIC and pull the entire console top off.

I don't know which generation of GP this is, but for the 89-90 HUDs, there should be an adjuster on the unit itself for height. If this a 91-93 HUD, there is an adjuster under the wiper pod (that is likely broken off). It should be on the side of the dimmer switch. You may have to get a small screwdriver in there to adjust it if it's broken. There's no adjustment on the horizontal plane.

Depending on the year you may or may not have a set screw on the back of your shift knob. if you do just remove that (torx 15 IIRC) and the knob will pull straight up. elsewise just unscrew it.

A GP with a 5-speed should always be a screw-on type knob unless it was replaced for some reason in the car's life.

Sorry, I forget to add year of car.. It is 1992 GTP.

I did check the shift know. There isnt anywhere screw to unscrew n take it off. Shift Knob is factory.

For HUD, I found the problem. It is going to be solve, I am going to put them back on soon.

If it's a 5 speed, it should have the screw, if it's an automatic it will have a staple type clip in it. A butter knife or small screwdriver works good to get in behind the clip, pry it out and lift off the shifter. The clip or screw are both on the front of the shifter facing the dash.

If it's a GP, the knob should literally screw on like any other stick shift car.

Agreed, all 5-speed Grand Prixs had a screw-on shift knob.

If it's a GP, the knob should literally screw on like any other stick shift car.

Agreed, all 5-speed Grand Prixs had a screw-on shift knob.

That's weird, the cutlass has the flat bar type just like my Z24, wonder why they would use different styles on the cutlass vs. the grand prix.