1994-96 180* t-stats, have one, troubles

fleetwoodguy79

Ok,

Got it ordered through autozone but they didn't list a hypertech stat for 94 and up, just 91-93. So I got a 93 180* stat from Hypertech. It looks a bit bigger than the one I have in now, but I tried it anyway. It started leaking, so I took it back out. The gasket was totally screwed, and the thermostat was bent!! So I got a new gasket and some RTV sealent, and tried again. Same damn problem. Is the 93 housing different? Or is there something I am overlooking... I really need to keep this thing cool so any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks everyone!

What can I cut off? Can I hack the thermostat? Its bent already so I wouldn't see what the harm would be. Do I also need to hack up inside the radiator hose tube?

That would be my first choice but since it's already in it's condition, you've got nothing to lose.

Depending the size problems, you should be able to gring away on the thermostat.

I would NOT grind the housing itself; that's not an option I would choose.

- Erik