HUD Install Questions

MaroonRegal

I've got the HUD and DIC from my '95 GTP. I'm thinking of putting them in the '93. I have the wiring harnesses from the '95. Is it possible. What do I need to do?

Thanks,

Scott

Not possible. The dashes are not the same. You would have to do a complete interior and electrical swap in order to get the 95 stuff to work in a 93.

You will need the HUD and DIC setup from a car with an earlier interior. DIC/Console wise, anything from 88-93 will work. HUD wise, you'll need the 91-3. The TGP HUD's are a little bit different, not sure whether they bolt in the same.

There is a '92 GTP at the yard in charcoal by me. If you are interested in the HUD let me know I'll pull it.

What color is that GTP?

ugh, nvm....

for the HUD, you will need the guage pod, the dash piece with the whole, the HUD adjust cable with the metal tray, the bracket, and the wiring.

For the DIC, assuming you already have a console, all you'll need is the upper console trim piece with the surround for the DIC, the DIC itself, and the wiring harness.

You've owned both cars. Do you not see the dash is completely different between the 2? As grandprixnyc said, unless you're willing to do a complete dash swap (not just the top plate HUD cover from the '95), there's absolutely no way it would fit. The interiors were redesigned for the '94 - '96 run. The HUDs sit on TOP of the dash in any of the pre-'94 models, while they were hidden under/fit into the dash itself on the '94 & up GPs.

So even though I kept the dash board from the old car it can't be done? Damn

Nope. Physically, they won't fit, and electronically, the HUD/DIC use a different seriel bus for OBD1.5 (95) than OBD 1 (the 93). The VSS signal is the same, but that's it. Even if you swapped dashes for the DIC, it would be useless.

Nope. Physically, they won't fit, and electronically, the HUD/DIC use a different seriel bus for OBD1.5 (95) than OBD 1 (the 93). The VSS signal is the same, but that's it. Even if you swapped dashes for the DIC, it would be useless.

Are you sure on this? Isn't the '94 OBDI? If so, that uses the same exact DIC as the '95. Only the '96 is different (due to the OBDII).

Are you sure on this? Isn't the '94 OBDI? If so, that uses the same exact DIC as the '95. Only the '96 is different (due to the OBDII).

88-93 OBD1

94-95 OBD1.5

96 Only OBD2

It's ok.

To sum this up, the 95 parts you have on hand will never work in that car without a complete interior and electrical system swap. Just find the parts from a 91 to 93 and save yourself the headache. Those parts are usually available as posted above.

It's ok.

To sum this up, the 95 parts you have on hand will never work in that car without a complete interior and electrical system swap. Just find the parts from a 91 to 93 and save yourself the headache. Those parts are usually available as posted above.

INCORRECT. The HUD unit does not care whether you have OBD1, OBD1.5, or OBD2. But yes, you will STILL have to run all the wires, and you may or may not be able to use all the wrning indicator features built into the HUD.

Option 1:

give up. - hey, it's an option!

Option 2:

get a 91-93 HUD unit.

Option 3:

ghetto graft in the 94-96 Hud unit into the 93's dash

Option 4:

do a complete interior swap from a 93 dash to a 94-96 dash see the following:

http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c214/Crazy_Ken/Dash%20Swap%2095%20CS%20into%2094%20Cs/