3.1 swap in place of 3.4?

supreme_style21

Ok heres the quick rundown.. as most of you know, I have an '89 GP sitting at home with a bad body, but strong engine. Now tonite, I found a '95 GTP in pretty good condition, minus the engine. I didn't start it as the dealership was closed, but for the price, I pretty much assume the engine is damn near shot.

So my question is this... How easily swappable will it be for my 3.1? I assume the computer can be swapped out from the '89 as well? Theres just such an age difference between the two, I'm not sure what I'll need to change. Opinions?

Well, it's not just a plug-and-plug install.

Since the 1994 and some 1995 are the hybrid OBDI systems you'll most likely run into problems with wiring.

I, honestly, don't see the benifits droping in the 3.1L MPFI.

- Erik

Well, it's not just a plug-and-plug install.

Since the 1994 and some 1995 are the hybrid OBDI systems you'll most likely run into problems with wiring.

I, honestly, don't see the benifits droping in the 3.1L MPFI.

- Erik

Yep thats what I was thinking.. I knew there might be problems, but wasn't quite sure as to how complicated.

I'm not going for benefits.. the thing is I have a good engine.. I'm not gonna buy the car, then buy another engine when I already have a decent one. I don't want it to go to waste.

As long as the 95 is OBD1 and your 89 has a similar bulkhead connector as a 91-93 (it should) then it isn't much harder then re-arranging a few wires.

The 3100 ecm won't run the 3.1, the 3.1 is missing a few sensors.

As long as the 95 is OBD1 and your 89 has a similar bulkhead connector as a 91-93 (it should) then it isn't much harder then re-arranging a few wires.

The 3100 ecm won't run the 3.1, the 3.1 is missing a few sensors.

aH crap, thank you. :oops: