monte vs cutlass supreme

thefullmonte

plus that monte has the 3100, not the 3.1. so the monte would have more horsepower. plus its lighter. a good friend of mine has a 97 monte carlo, she *SAYS* it has a 3800 in it, but they only put 3800's in the Z's and hers is a LS, so one of these days im gonna get her to pop the hood and let me look. but yah, the monte has more horsepower and is lighter.

I thought the Gen1 was the lightest of all W-Body generations. A Monte Carlo is pretty long, probably the longest W-Body coupe.

I think the Monte Carlo would, mainly due to it being lighter.

I think the 3.4L Twin Cam and the 3800 Series II were optional on the Monte Carlo LS models and standard on the Z34 models. I've seen LS models with dual exhaust so I'm guessing they had the optional engines.

plus that monte has the 3100, not the 3.1. so the monte would have more horsepower. plus its lighter. a good friend of mine has a 97 monte carlo, she *SAYS* it has a 3800 in it, but they only put 3800's in the Z's and hers is a LS, so one of these days im gonna get her to pop the hood and let me look. but yah, the monte has more horsepower and is lighter.

No it's not, Monte Carlo is 6" longer than the Grand Prix and 7" longer than the Cutlass Supreme.

It's funny if you look in the trunk of a 95-99 Monte/Lumina. The floor pan is exactly the same, but there's an extra 6" extension attached behind the floor pan.

I think the 3.4L Twin Cam and the 3800 Series II were optional on the Monte Carlo LS models and standard on the Z34 models. I've seen LS models with dual exhaust so I'm guessing they had the optional engines.

i don't think that's correct. someone could swap a 3800 or DOHC into their LS or add a Y-piped dual exhaust on the end of a 3100, but i never heard of an engine option on the LS.

No it's not, Monte Carlo is 6" longer than the Grand Prix and 7" longer than the Cutlass Supreme.

It's funny if you look in the trunk of a 95-99 Monte/Lumina. The floor pan is exactly the same, but there's an extra 6" extension attached behind the floor pan.

my Z is like 1 foot longer than my bros '91 GP LE :lol:

maybe not quite, but close

According to my Used Car Review source, it says the base model Monte Carlo LS and Lumina LS came with the 3100 SFI, while the 3.4L Twin Cam was optional up to '97, and then '98+ the 3800 Series II was optional. The Monte Carlo Z34 and Lumina LTZ had the 3.4L Twin Cam or 3800 Series II as standard equipment.

i don't think that's correct. someone could swap a 3800 or DOHC into their LS or add a Y-piped dual exhaust on the end of a 3100, but i never heard of an engine option on the LS.

This chick that used to work with me had the newer body style Monte LS (98-up) and it had the 3400 in it.

The 3400 is not a very rare option but i have seen all 5 engines(3100,3400,DOHC3.4, 3800 and the L67) in the gen1.5 luminas and the monties. Either they were swaped or not. the 98+ Montie LS came with the 3100 but has the option of the 3400. My Girlfriend's parents have a 3400 in their venture(van) and it is one nice power house, ther is no problem at all with passing ppl in the city and on the highway with that thing....( i wanted one to put in the lumina)

Most of the Lumina LS's here in London have Dual pipes, but there are very few Monties that have them, most i have seen are just stock singles... Maybe i am not looking hard enuf but it's weird to see that.

To shead some light on the length question, i did some comparitive tests at work, alot of ppl here drive GTP's and GT Grand Prixs, I drive a base 95 lumina 4 door. The GP's are wider,but not by much, and the overall length diffrence is only about 1-2" between the both(Lumina-GP). All of the GP's are gen 2 and are all Sweet as hell i wish some of you could see how many there are here! some days(depends on who is working the shifts), it looks like a Gp show! It's nice....