jake91

what do you think  

1. 1. what do you think

thinking about nightshading the tails, and i have 2 ideas of doing it

idea 1

full nightshade

newcamera3.jpg

idea 2

nightshade with painted lip (stole the idea from matts97cutty89)

newcamera.jpg

I actaully like both, but your pictures are way to dark on the tails which makes me think that number 2 would be cool if they where lighter and the blues matched.

remember to auto clear over the night shades when you are done. (if you want it to stay)

okay i was just checking so i wasnt asking for trouble from cops

PsychOmatt lives in Michigan. Arizona laws could be different, so you might want to check first.

Tom

get them done like i did on my truck, find a painter and have him mix the black paint and clear coat at a ratio of 35:1 and spray them, then he;ll buff them and they'll be as sturdy as your paint. WORTH IT, cost me $70 for the tails and third brake light.

okay i was just checking so i wasnt asking for trouble from cops

PsychOmatt lives in Michigan. Arizona laws could be different, so you might want to check first.

Tom

that also includes indiana (where I lived at school).

get them done like i did on my truck, find a painter and have him mix the black paint and clear coat at a ratio of 35:1 and spray them, then he;ll buff them and they'll be as sturdy as your paint. WORTH IT, cost me $70 for the tails and third brake light.

Thats what I will be doing. I saw some done with candy black mixed in and it looked great. I wouldn't even consider using niteshades.

if i do that it will be a while before i do them, but it will probably be a while anyway as i would like to find a spare set of tails to see if i actually like it, or incase i screw it up :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

i like option 2! Im bias tho haha....i have been thinking of blacking out the rest of my tails but im to scared to try it cuz if i dont like it it would really suck! Its so hard to find lip tails i wish i had another set to try it out on!

i think on the white one the shades look awesome but on the blue im not so sure, granted they are photo shopped but....i think your car looks classic and very clean with its original look jake

i 2 also wish i had an extra set of tails, i seen them sell on ebay for over 200$ and every time im at the yard somebody already has taken the good ones or they have busted them up.

• 1 month later...