looking at getting another car

95cutty96

Yea I'm not sure yet its about time to get another car as its been a few months since I bought one looking at two a 94 cutlass international 2 door with the dohc 3.4 or a 90 Z24 with a 3.1 and a 5 speed what do you guys think?

Yea I'm not sure yet its about time to get another car as its been a few months since I bought one looking at two a 94 cutlass international 2 door with the dohc 3.4 or a 90 Z24 with a 3.1 and a 5 speed what do you guys think?

NO SUCH THING AS A 94 INTERNATIONAL. is it black and in Michigan? :lol:

It's had a problem for awhile now where it cuts out at around 3500 with anything more than around 85% throttle, I'm thinking a bad injector because it didn't want to start at all for a few hours the other day. My buddy's 94 was alot faster, and would roast the tires through first, second and almost all the way through third.

The DOHC 3.4 is also fun, but very high maintenance.

Wow you need to get that figured out that has to suck I thought my buddys was bad it was cutting out at 5000 but I had a Z24 a couple years back but it was a auto but it was still somewhat quick I liked it so I think I might get this one I already have 2 cutlass's and a lumina so I could use a smaller j body to play around with. Don't suppose you know what a clutch runs for them do you?

I put in a Perfection clutch for $106 in 04. It's not the best clutch in the world, but not as bad as the perfections for the 3.4. I've been no angel to it and put about 55k on it so far with no signs of giving up. It will still roast the tires if I try and doesn't slip at all. The only complaint is a few times when pissed, after a few massive burnouts, it did fade quite a bit because it was hot I'm sure, though it did come backto normal after cooling a bit. If I ever replace it , I'd probably try another one to compare, but it's really not very bad for the money. It depends on your driving style, the Z is more of a dd for me, if you're going to go to the track alot, get something better.

I like my Z, they are built cheaper than the W's, the interior in mine has fallen apart pretty bad. Parts are also cheaper though in my experience. I took it to MI last Oct and got 30 mpg there and back. Even with the cutout problem, it's alot of fun to drive, and staying under 85% throttle, it's still pretty fast for daily driving. The worst repair I ever did on it was the heater core, I'd do a clutch again any day over that damn heater core.

I'll probably end up getting one just to have a spare since I run at the strip quite often I do run them hard but for that price who wouldn't

more details and pics on both?