why dont my power windows and locks work?

kuntzie

my wiring all appears to be good, the switches light up, the power mirror works, everything else in the interior is functioning (minus radio is on theftlock mode- getting to that soon)

this is in my 2001... the fuse/ breaker is good.... what the hell is wrong? hoping its not something complicated.

Do the windows/doors work from the other switches/doors? And this may sound like a stupid question, but you don't have lock-out enabled, do you?

Do the windows/doors work from the other switches/doors? And this may sound like a stupid question, but you don't have lock-out enabled, do you?

they dont work from any switch, lockouts not on (i confirmed by clicking it and trying though)

the power mirrors work

the light on the switches all light up

nothing happens with the switches at all when pressed

i used a jumper wire to confirm that power was getting through the fuse box/panel

and yes i confirmed all the plugs were attached, on the switch and under the dash.

bad master switch maybe i think all the other switches run through the master so that could explain why the other doors dont work.

try jumping wires at the switch and see if you can get things to work that way and i think that would tell you if the switch were bad

My bro's 97 Regal has a similar problem, one day all the windows stopped working at all of the switches. Could that be caused by the master switch also?

My bro's 97 Regal has a similar problem, one day all the windows stopped working at all of the switches. Could that be caused by the master switch also?

It can be, try the switch first, but there are other reasons the gen2 Regals windows quit working. PM me if you need further advise on it.

Can I borrow the switch from my sisters 2002 GP to test it. He's been w/o p.windows for over a year now. All the fuses/circuit breakers seem good :confused:

Got my family into w-bodys and I dont own one anymore, nothing will ever fill the empty space my cutty left :frown: Damn rust I miss the intrigue too shortstars own.

• 3 weeks later...

Right now all of them execpt the f.pass window are working, that one is really random it only works from one switch at a time or neither. Also when it was working from the switch on the p.side sometimes it will go down but not up :dunno:

i htink maybe the switch could still be bad, if there is corrosion or something on the contacts of the switch it may be causing them to work intermittently