Plug and Wire recommendations

runt

So, it's that time to do plugs/wires on the 'ol GP. After coming home from work yesterday and having a noticeable miss I figure I should take care of that.

Curious what you guys recommend for plugs. I am not going with anything Bosch, probably just some decent AC Delco's since I'm not exactly running a high performance machine. I have a good feeling that just about anything in the lines of wires should due.

Thanks.

If it's actually missing it should throw a code, are you getting one?

Run Delco plugs and some decent wires. I prefer Napa wires....

It's not a bad miss, but under heavy acceleration I could feel it. And no codes. Thought maybe the tranny was slipping a touch, but I'm pretty certain it was not.

I have no checked anything under the hood. I might try that too. It's been too damn rainy lately though to get anything done outside.

The car has 88k on it right now. It's 8 years old. I figure it's about time that I change them.

Autolites are fine if you are going to mod, but iirc they are a colder plug so they have to be changed more often.

Still if its missing I would think you would have a code.

wire: i used Taylor Spiro-Pro for my monte, i think they are 8 or 9mm wires and they aren't that expensive if you do them yourself. takes a while, but you can make them the perfect length every time

Neither the plugs, nor the wires are going to make much of a difference, even if you're fairly heavily modded. Just run some Delco wires (around $43 from GMPD). And even though most 3800 GPers use Autolite, I'm not a big fan of their quality. If you're going to run anything other than stock Delco plugs, I'd go with the NGK TR series. They're not much more than the Autolites, but they're far better in quality.

I got MSD wires for mine, but only because I traded a stock CD player with someone local for a brand new set. I'll be going with the NGKs for plugs myself.

As you know, bosch plugs suck for our cars, but the wires are fine. Although, I did have a bad set that did mess up my coils. Either way, like you said, I just replace them with some delco's or bosch wires. As for plugs, I'd had great sucess with NGK's as well.