i need my car lowered, especially in the rear, but how?

phantomFE3

Well, since that wonderful fiberglass mono-leaf spring is in the rear, you can't use the Monte Carlo springs.

You'll either have to make some tightening clamps for the mono-leaf...

Or invest aftermarket coil-overs...

But, I like Robby's idea as well. :lol:

- Erik

I WILL BUY THE FLEX-A-FORM LEAF SPRING

But it wont be this year unfortunately cuz they severly cutting back my hours of work...

perhaps January next year when i get my other half of my financial aid check and a decent paycheck...

by the way, the flex-a-form leaf spring is DONE though they kinda upset they had so much hype about it yet nobody ordered...perhaps thats why THERE IS NO AFTERMARKET for bugging, bothering a-holes like the W-BODY community..

"we want a lowering spring!" YOU GOT IT

"umm...yeah we dont want to pay no more"

"we want a DOHC supercharger!!" RSM pulls it out!

"its too expensive!!" (considering they ONLY include the supercharger, NEW ECM, NEW INTAKE DESIGNED FOR THE SUPERCHARGER, SUPERCHARGER ITSELF, all hardware to install it...

the s/c alone cost, wat 1500-2500

then the new ECM would run 300+ or something

PLUS the new intake manifold would run $$$ cuz its custom build

well i severly have trailed off the point of my thread :?

sleep deprivation will KILL YOU!! AHH I CANT SLEEP!!!

you NEED it lower? :?

J/k. But i can never see something like that done to my car on a NEED basis, but more on a WANT.

But yeah, i got a huge ex that you can have too. I dont like the idea of all the weight back there...cause your just weighing your self down. Throw some speakers, fat chicks, and stuff in the back...itll be cheap.

We got so man lincolns that people "thuged" out, and they just have so much trash (seriously) in the trunk, it looks like they have dead bodies back there.

Ill give the ex a call and let her know i finally found a use for her!

jon

lol i have plenty of ex's of my own to choose from (un fortuneatly) but how much is the flex a form leaf spring? if its not too expensive i might try it, but i need to get new tired and new brakes first, im just giving my mind something extra to think about. i dont want to add weight because my car is already heavy as it is. tell me more about clamps?

Guest TurboSedan
I WILL BUY THE FLEX-A-FORM LEAF SPRING

by the way, the flex-a-form leaf spring is DONE though they kinda upset they had so much hype about it yet nobody ordered...perhaps thats why THERE IS NO AFTERMARKET for bugging, bothering a-holes like the W-BODY community..

"we want a lowering spring!" YOU GOT IT

"umm...yeah we dont want to pay no more"

yeah right. if Flex-Form wants to sell their lowering leaf spring they are going to have to get ahold of a W-body, install the spring, and then show some results on thier webpage. i can slam the rear of my CS or raise it above stock 1-2" in 20 minutes. altho, i don't really car about the adjustability, i just want to set it & foget it. so the question is: "how low will it go?". it's plain and simple to me they need to provide some results (PICS). so for now FFP is the answer or sandbag your trunk.

joshua

I just a saw a front and rear lowering kit for $290 from RSM Racing. It might be something you want to check out. I know you guys dont really like RSM but what other choices do us W-Bodys have? I mean honestly...i agree why there is no aftermarket...someone makes somethin and everyone complains about how expensive it is...

Guest TurboSedan

i think the best parts you can get are other factory parts from a W-body, such as the '94/'95 brake upgrade, STB's, bigger sway bars, LG5 engine swap instead of aftermarket turbo kit for example. i think people should complain and save their money - the prices ARE outrageous in many cases (even Jeff M's prices are outrageous IMO despite high quality). so why waste money? want more power? screw RSM and their s/c kit, just buy an L67 or LG5 instead and throw it in and you'll be much happier and so will your wallet. with the money left over spend another $300 on a 5-speed. who the heck would spend 4 grand on a supercharger kit? that's just crazy. my TGP engine (aka LG5) cost me $350, and another $200 to freshen it up. the Getrag was a whopping $160 + $200-$300 for a good clutch and i bet i'd beat out an equal RSM s/c equipt car easily. granted, it's used parts and a 111,000 mile engine, but 1 grand doesn't compare to 4 grand.

Flex-a-Form's problem is just no example to show. Twin Dual Cam.com had pics of thier kit on a Grand Prix next to an identical Grand Prix that didn't have the kit so people could directly see what the difference would be, and guess what? i bought a set of their coilovers! granted, they were overpriced for what they are tho. what if you spent a few hundred bux on a Flex-a-Form spring and the car only got 1" lower? i'd be pissed and i bet they wouldn't let you return it either. FFP is the answer for now, you don't have to worry about where your car will sit cuz you can just adjust it. and it's WAY better than the TDC coilovers i have. the front is easy: Suspension Technique springs for $80 from JCWhitney. cut half a coil off if you want to go lower.

joshua

Guest TurboSedan

do you work for Flex-a-Form or something? i didn't know the W-body community was made up of a bunch of assholes. it that true?

joshua (asshole)

RSM is garbage. Period.

I just a saw a front and rear lowering kit for $290 from RSM Racing. It might be something you want to check out. I know you guys dont really like RSM but what other choices do us W-Bodys have? I mean honestly...i agree why there is no aftermarket...someone makes somethin and everyone complains about how expensive it is...

i wanna apologize for calling us a-holes...

nobody is any kind of a-hole here. Yeah i wrote all that stuff up when ME wasnt with "I"...i was way outta it

I completly agree that if a company wanted to sell it to a specific community they would take a car and put pictures/vids/ or even a brief right up on how it looks/works out...

Once again, let me restate that NOBODY is an a-hole...

p.s.- although sometimes we can be very unforgiving to some of the newbies :wink:

ok as far as FLEX-A-FORM is concerned, they can kiss my ass..... i had the money this past spring and was ready to purchase a leaf spring from them, sent them an email, got a response from a guy named "George" that they were gonna have a mold shortly and that the spring can be ordered. i sent them another email stating i was from toronto, canada and that if it could be delivered to me here, and how much of a drop i was gonna get from it. they responded that they could ship to new york, i was satisfied with that but they never told me how much of a lowering i would get. i sent them another email, i heard nothing. then another email as to how i could go about ordering this spring.... nothing again.

so i said fuck them, if they want my business so bad then why don't they give me the info i need to make my decision if i can't see the product.

so i went to my local spring shop, and had them design me a custom made leaf spring to lower my car. and it actually came out to be way way cheaper than the flex-a-form leaf spring and i didn't have to worry about shipping to new york and finding a way to get it from there.

AHH!!! I CANT ITS FREAKING 3:17 am AND IM AWAKE!!!

::DRINKS 2 JUGS OF NYTQUIL::

LETS SEE EM TAKE EFFECT! IF I DONT POST IN 5 MINUTES im probably NOKED UT.........................