Ugh... rly? Abs, trac, now door locks? Sunroof?

Night Fury

Most of you know my issue with my ABS/TRAC, but to recap, something keeps triggering them to turn off while driving. I can't seem to pin down what triggers it. Sometimes I can drive for miles without issue, sometimes the moment I put it into drive or reverse it will trigger. Or anywhere imbetween. When it doesn't, ABS and TRAC will be really sensitive. Trac control will kick on even on a slight corner or shift, and abs will kick in with even mild braking with nothing there to lock up the wheels.

Today I had two new issues. My auto-open for the sunroof wouldn't trigger, something that I have not been able to reproduce.

2. Door locks. They will randomly lock and unlock while driving.... yeah.... When I got home, I turned off the car and they went crazy. lockunlockunlockunlocklocklocklocklocklokclokcunlockunlock I figured maybe it was my RKE... i squeezed it(not the buttons) and it kept doing it, but it wasn't corresponding to the squeezing. Then all went quiet and I squeezed and squeezed and it wouldn't go anymore, so I don't think it was that...

Oh, and don't forget the buzzing coming from my dash....

THIS IS MAKING ME :willynilly: :willynilly: :willynilly: :willynilly:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Night Fury

• Crazy K

• slick

• 1990lumina

I'm not familiar with your ABS/TRAC issues, but they sound like wheel speed sensor issues. Have you had the ABS computer codes read?

As for the doors... possible BCM issues?

Remember how I said I hate high mileage because it means more stuff will break? ;)

Anyway, I would lean toward BCM as well. It seems as though the car itself is freaking out, leading to all that other stuff. And isn't everything controlled by the BCM now anyway?

Aren't BCMs car-specific though?

I know where an 04 gp is in a yard..... looks like it took out a nuclear bunker though..... if you want me to try to see if it has a part for you...

Possible.

But, before spending that kind of money, I'd take it to a dealership for a diagnostic, where they have the proper tools to read that type of stuff.

Ok,,, WTHELL!

I probably drove 50 miles today...

Couldn't reproduce ANY issues... not even the ABS/Trac, which was a CONSTANT thing a few days ago...

Except the buzzing. it is always there.

But srsly.... Could NOT reproduce any issues.......

Is the buzzing coming from the drivers side dash? The BCM is above the kickpanel on those cars, if you take off the bottom panel you will see it right there.

Is the buzzing coming from the drivers side dash? The BCM is above the kickpanel on those cars, if you take off the bottom panel you will see it right there.

THANK YOU for the location! I am now very anxious to check/feel/listen/lick/hit to see if that is what is buzzing. Tomorrow after work!

And as of right now, two full days of absolutely no issues.

Would that cause all of those problems? It does squeak like mad until it gets warmed up, or at least I'm pretty sure that's what's squeaking... I think volts are in normal range though... I'll keep an eye on the gauge