Pontiac Club on CBC - The National (White 1st Gen GP BYP w/ white x-laces)

Breakdown

Was anyone featured from this forum on the CBC - The National Feature on Pontiac Owners.

I know one guy has to be from here. 1991 (or close) GP coupe - white, with white x-laces and BYP (not B4U).

They also had a skinny guy with a 1989 or '90 Grand Prix Turbo, coloured red with orangy-red paint on the top of the engine.

They also featured a number of 2nd Gen GP's as well. Mainly Sunfires - lame - I know!

Apparently this was shot in Burlington.

And apparently . . . . I wasn't "important enough" to be included in the video.

I seen that airing that club to me looked like a bunch of fuck sticks... especially the girl with the black 2000 Sunfire. Couldn't they find a Pontiac club with some decent looking cars not J-body shitboxes!

The end of the story said Pontiac values wouldn't be affected, like hell! My friend lost 4k in value the day GM announced Pontiac would be no longer. Usually CBC is good about airing truths but this time they are full of shit !

I seen that airing that club to me looked like a bunch of fuck sticks

I think that one of those "fuck sticks" at least one of the owners of a car is on this forum.

I had no idea they were having a retard convention in Burlington, otherwise I would have been there (us tards to have coordinate better).

I actually agree with them. Maybe cars under 3 years old might be affected, but I have no idea how any older car values would be affected with the announcement that Pontiac would be no more.

Whether you agree with them or not the fact remains 2 months ago my friends 2005 GP was worth $13,000 2 weeks ago after they announced Pontiac was history we checked the value of his car and its under $9,000.

I seem to remember seeing a red TGP with red on the engine. If its a member i dont think hes a regular. I dont know of many members in or around the Burlington area.

Whether you agree with them or not the fact remains 2 months ago my friends 2005 GP was worth $13,000 2 weeks ago after they announced Pontiac was history we checked the value of his car and its under $9,000.

So my car's value has to be, what, a solid $900 now?

That makes absolutely no sense. There is no reason for a 4 year old car's value to be affected by this. It's not like a buyer will be loosing out on warranty work. Even if it WAS still under warranty, it would be covered by other GM dealers, but it may still effect the value because the mass public may not be aware/understand that. Otherwise, why would that particular division closing impact the value of used cars from that same division?

BTW, where are you getting the values from?

The same thing happened to my Intrigue when it was 2 years old

http://www.KBB.com

face it fuckers no one wants to buy an orphaned car, no matter how much sense it makes, this is the conception of the average consumer.

its the same reason there are so few 2002-2004 Bravadas that sold and made, 1 week after they were released Oldsmobile announced they were being phased out, Consumer Reports, Edmunds, and all other car buyers guide suggested to all consumers not to buy the Oldsmobiles because of their sure to drop resale value. Every jerk off that read it went out and bought the Trailblazer or Envoy unless they were DIE HARD Oldsmobile lovers. Also many of them were given away at fire sale prices like the Aztecs because no one would buy them off the lots!

I would put money on it that the white GP was 55trucker... that guys car is amazing!

As for the others, its Burlington, what could you of possibly expected them to find there?

Jamie