94 convertible interior lights wont turn off

rossg

As the title says my interior lights wont shut off. I have pulled the door pins changed the headlight switch with a used 1. Is there something I am missing is there a timer module somewhere? can anyone help with this?

is the wheel on the headlight switch in the on position? :lol:

It would still shut itself off after awhile if it was just that.

no? Not if the interior lights were turned on

I have everything taken out of the car light switch removed door pins removed lights still on the only turn off when I pull the fuses. the big problem is the car is for sale and I cant sell it if the lights dont go out.

its funny i had this happen to me on the way home from tenn. a year ago i just pulled the fuse, i thought it was the switch but if you say you changed it then i will have to find the other reason maybe a short or something.

open up the center console by removing the lid and box of the cubby... and unplug the wiring harness within it. result????

I see where you are going with this so I followed your suggestion. I unpluged the harness in question no change I then unpluged the overhead light the lights went out. I then put the headlight switch back in lights were still out then I put the door pins back in lights came on but turned off when the door shut. I removed the 4 bulbs from the over head light and pluged it in no lights put the bulbs in 1 at a time and I discovered 1 of the bulbs had a short that was making the lights come on.

there you go strange but true i have been trying to figure this out for a month. Thanks for the suggestions

yeah i got the switches already from jmezz a while back but i talking to redgtp right now bout converting to leds. we may have a trade in the making

switches are not part of the eqation i by passed the switch wireing along time ago they are just for show now. ya its pretty weird i did move the wires around perhaps something was grounding out. Don't know I hope this fixes it until it is sold at least.

Hmm...If my '94 hadn't been the biggest pile I'd ever owned, I definitely would have tinted the windows.

WTF did that have to do with anything!!!1 :lol: :lol:

Hmm...If my '94 hadn't been the biggest pile I'd ever owned, I definitely would have tinted the windows.

REALLY!?!?!? And nice way to talk about the car after selling it to a fellow member :facepalm:

Tom

LOL! Seeing the pic in the first post. :cool: