CS hud adjuster

rockfangd

Ok so i finally found a hud dash pad and the metal plate that mounts to the dash substraight and i just spent 9 hours perfecting the install,

But i have a problem. When i installed the hud unit into the dash pad i pushed the tab into the plate and i set the adjuster level as far down as it would go and secured the hud unit with the 2 screws in front of the cluster.

Is there a special way to install the unit that i do not know?

The problem i am now having is the slider slides up and down but the display is far too low, at the highest point i have to stand all the way up to the headliner to see the display.

I know Ken should probably know what is going on but i am exhausted now

one issue I have seen is that the HUD unit plate bends very easily and if it has bent away from the unit the adjuster tab is "offset" and may do what you describe...

basically look at where the triangle adjuster and the cable operated piece touch....

one issue I have seen is that the HUD unit plate bends very easily and if it has bent away from the unit the adjuster tab is "offset" and may do what you describe...

basically look at where the triangle adjuster and the cable operated piece touch....

That sounds like it may be the problem as the only thing i have changed that could really make that kind of difference is the plate. What can i do to try to solve the problem?

I also might add that if i remove the ball from the socket at the adjuster i can manually adjust it perfect. I think when you pull the cable it raises it and when you push the cable in it lowers it. Also now that the plate is in the dash it is kind of hard to see where the unit sets once i start putting it in the dash

Before you can reinstall the GEN 2 HUD, you have to reset the height adjuster cable. To do

this, while the bracket is still removed from the dash, look at the way the cable is attached to

the bracket. You will see a little locking tab near the top of it. you want to slide the height

adjust peg all the way towards that locking tab, then use something small to press that tab

down, and then pull the adjuster even further so it is PAST the locking tab.

If you do this, this will make it so that when you install the HUD itself, you just plug in the

electrical connector, set it down in place, tighten the 2 screws on the bottom, and then turn

the ignition key on. You can then use the height adjust knob to the right of the DIS (if

equipped), or the cubby on the lower part of the dash "sport" pod to lower the HUD image

into it's proper location.

ok this could be the issue also but does anyone know anything more about this adjustment near the bracket?

pull it all out and physically mount the unit on the bracket, loose of the dash. observe how the adjustement works. trial and error will be the easiest way.....

ok so i found the reset tab. There is 2 of them, one to reset the height and one to seperate the unit.

Ok so i think i figured it out, it still doesnt seem high enough but i dont know what more i can do.

I also have a new problem, for some reason when i try to adjust the switch down the cable binds because it seems the cable isnt moving freely enough. I did not reroute the cable so am i maybe missing something