center console.

rockfangd

Ok so i am installing bucket seats into my cutlass and i have the column shift. I would like to find something decent with a nice armrest and no shifter hole.

Does anyone know of any vehicles other than the chevy blazer that has column shift with buckets?

I would also like to be able to modify te console to fit the AQ9 controls.

I am up for any ideas :mrgreen:

You could always fab up a console plate from the CS so you can use the factory AQ9 controls. It would also allow for cup holders to be included.

You could always fab up a console plate from the CS so you can use the factory AQ9 controls. It would also allow for cup holders to be included.

x2. It would be much easier to fab up some type of storage/cupholder in place of the shifter on a cutlass console than it would be to fab up a completely different console that comes from a column shift vehicle.

I agree, I have plans to do this with my Impala, im gonna swap in the bucket seats and the console. However, I am going to take the shift indicator/shifter knob plate out, and fiberglass it smooth. And voila.

Throw a cd changer down in there where the shifer mechanism would be, it would take a bit of work to get it flush, but not too bad. It seems to be about perfect for that dimension wise.

i really wish i had the skills to do that

I wish i knew where he got it, I will have to ask, but my dad bought a fiberglassing kit from somewhere...to fix the dashpad on our camaro...

It came with pre-cut strips of fiberglass...like 2 or so inches wide and about 12 or so inches long IIRC and then it came with the resin and a squeegee and gloves.. i think..and all you had to do was put the resin in the paint tray thing it came with.. and then you just dip the fiberglass in the resin then lay it where you want and then squeegee smooth..

Once it's dry, just sand to perfection and paint..

It wasn't all that hard, and that what i plan to do if I ever get around to this..so it wouldn't be that challenging I dont think, I watched him fix that dashpad and It looked like cake with that kit he had...