88 Regal dash broken

Liquid_Neon_00

Seem to be a common problem, the odo and speedo wont work. Ever ONCE in a while the speedo kicks on for like maybe 5 minutes then is off again for a month or two. Funny thing is too none of my dash lights work, so besides my pioneer deck i have no light while i drive. the idiot lights come on but thats it.

I checked fuses first and a couple times since.

But all that aside i HAVE searched and noting all that usful came up so im flat out asking now. If i was to jsut steal the analog dash from say a 90 or 92 could i jsut make it fit and how much wiring would be needed? I am no stranger to wire diagrams and soldering.

Or maybe theres a better digital dash that shows something more then idiot lights and a speedo? liek maybe rpm guage or AT LEAST A TEMP GUAGE!?!?

srsly... who makes a car without a temp guage?

Those early base digital clusters were notorious for being massive POS. I don't know what it would take to install a newer cluster. a good starting point would be to get the pinouts for both your car and the car a newer cluster is coming out of and compare and repin the harness needed. you may need to run a wire for the tach to work.

you will need to swap out your temp and oil pressure senders for ones for the full gauge cluster to work.

unfortunately over the years there have been very few early regal owners on this forum, so little is really known about them, outside of the things that are the same on every other w-body.

So no one is really sure how easy the different dashes swap or not?

that sucks :(

Well if anyone whos quiet might know somthin else, feel free to share! thanks anyphew.

don't worry I'll be swapping to a newer analog cluster once my funds go up a bit, hopefully with white93z34's help, so I'll have an answer for you later on! :mrgreen:

Shit I want digitals in mine, and I have the full analog cluster with Speedo, Tach, Oil Pressure, Temp, and Battery.

I want digital as long as it have a speedo, tach, and Temp.