Is This Z34 Worth 1k?

Venom

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/1152506833.html

Ive been really wanting a Z34 lately after seeing a few popping up here lately. I would sell the cutlass since I dont need two daily drivers. So I was looking yesterday on Craigslist and came across this one. Sounded like a deal so I emailed him and asked him about any rust or body damage and any pics. Of course all he did was respond with pictures. Here is what he sent me:

DSCI0055.jpg

DSCI0056.jpg

DSCI0057.jpg

DSCI0058.jpg

It looks like the pass rear wheel well is rotted and the drivers door needs work. If it does have rust I would be totally turned off. But I know the Maui Blue is the rarest of colors of the Z34s IIRC. I emailed him again to see if I could come look at it tomorrow and give it a good once over.

$800 max, and that's pushing it for me.

Im really waiting to see if thats rust on the wheel wells, because if it is, Im out.

I can see the rust around the wheel wells in the passenger side pic. I think there is rust on the drivers side as well. I agree with 800. If it were a manual, then 1000 would be good but not for an automatic.

I just got an email from him saying that is indeed rust on the rear. So Im gonna pass on this one. So the search continues.

Thanks for the heads up, but dont really want a red one (no offense). And I did send an email to the other guy but havnt gotten a response yet.

oh :lol:

Speaking from experience, spend the $2k + on a good rust free car, instead of throwing money at a $1k pile.

Oh I agree, but like I said I couldnt tell from the pictures if it was rust or not. I can handle the other things it needed, but as soon as he confirmed the rust I lost interest. I figured what my car is worth I should be more than able to get a comparable Z34 in trade.