FUY springs ?

Hippie

I was looking at the springs I got for the '88 GP and the tag says FUY, when I picked them up last week I was in a hurry and thought the Y was an X. They say they are out of a '90 GP as is the rear mono leaf. I hope these are softer than my 88's. If I go to all the trouble to swap springs and this thing still sits like a damn 4X4 I'm going to be VERY unhappy.

eh......well my friend had FUY on his '89 gp (swapped em for fux) and it rides a little higher than FUX but not much stiffer. It'll still be lower than what you have, but fux would have been just a little more so

Guest TurboSedan

i'll sell you my 49,xxx mile 'FUX' springs for $25+ shipping. they are out of a '97 Cutlass and i removed the springs so i can install my Eibach lowering springs. they still have the 'FUX' tag on them. i posted an add awhile back in the For Sale section:

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6976

let me know if you're interested.

joshua

Wish you'd had those springs a couple weeks ago Josh. I had to buy the struts too as the yard won't pull the springs off the struts but they are from a low mile '90 LE. Unless my struts appear to be newer I'm swapping struts and all. Probably should have grabbed the rears off it as well, they're off so maybe I'll go back and grab them. Anybody know what the compressor for the rear mono leaf costs ? I can borrow a front spring compressor for struts but nobody I know has a rear. If I'm going to be playing with these I might as well have one.

Guest TurboSedan

and Suspension Technique front 1.5" drop springs are only $80 i think. i think you can even cut them to get it lower. are you going to get rear adjustable coilovers from FFP too? car might have a rake stance if you don't....

joshua

The car already has a severe rake, I'm swapping in the rear spring from the '90 LE also as it sat level and lower than my '88. No coil overs for this thing ! I paid $600 for the whole car with a fresh 4T60 and all new brakes including 4 brand new rotors. I already have too much in it. ;). I will be looking into coil overs for the back of my Lumina/Cad project though.

Guest TurboSedan
The car already has a severe rake, I'm swapping in the rear spring from the '90 LE also as it sat level and lower than my '88. No coil overs for this thing ! I paid $600 for the whole car with a fresh 4T60 and all new brakes including 4 brand new rotors. I already have too much in it. ;). I will be looking into coil overs for the back of my Lumina/Cad project though.

cool beans. i have a love/hate relationship with my coilovers - the set screw stripped on both sides (and i made sure NOT to overtighten it). so now i can't adjust them unless i grab the sleeve with a big pipe wrench and turn the bottom spring mount with another big pipe wrench. the upper mount also makes noise when pulling into an uneven parking lot, IOW, the spring becomes unseated from the upper mount (just solid billet aluminum) and makes a 'booooiing' noise when it seats into the upper spring mount again. you wouldn't have that problem with the FFP coilovers tho since the upper spring mount uses a polyurethane insert. TDC coilovers suck ass (they aren't available anymore anyway). i'm sure the FFP coilovers are 100% better. if you decided you want those 'FUX' springs let me know, that would really suck to swap out strut/knuckles and the car looked like it was still ready for off-roading. if not coilovers i'd get a rear monoleaf from a GTP or B4U Grand Prix. they seem to sit pretty low.

joshua

All right dude, I thought the suspension was FE1 and FE3. I have no idea if there's an FE2.

What is this "FUY" and "FUX" and shit like that? And how do I find out which one I have?