dash swap - gen 1.5 to gen 1?

patgizz

i have my TGP with zero interior. nothing.

i purchased a 96 lumina for OBD2 harness, knuckles w/ bigger brakes, and general donor car for all the stuff that is missing.

does the gen 1.5 lumina/monte dash go into a gen1 car? has anybody tried? i've seen gen2 swaps and gather it's mostly all the same but am unsure about any changes between the firewall area of the two and figured i'd ask before i start ripping things out of the lumina.

they have a similar firewall..... but not the same. the firewall plate may or may not fit... (I can give you a correct one if you need) but the HVAC unit box is identical.

it fits but the door panels dont line up, i would just grab a grand prix dash and put that in wiuth the door panels

88-9? GP dash = fugly

this one = free and ken says he has a gauge cluster for me.

it fits but the door panels dont line up, i would just grab a grand prix dash and put that in wiuth the door panels

88-9? GP dash = fugly

this one = free and ken says he has a gauge cluster for me.

For your mom's white car, PUNK! :lol: but hey, this would be interesting too...

her white 97 is getting plenty of parts off this one. the starter was day 1, hers died and this one was new so i had to change hers out in the bob evans parking lot on brookpark road.