Install oem RKE brain

dodgethis

Hey guys I have the 98 lumina about to be installed with the RKE brain. The only question I have is is what are the main essential wires should I be aware of? I went ahead and print off a wire diagram that shows what wires go with what component. I wanted to ask you all because I am not getting the same color wiring under my car. A alaram was already installed in the car and I am trying to get it disconnected and the wiring with it out. I saw I have to have a relay to be hooked up so to have it work with the wiring for the trunk pop.

This is what i know of so far with the wiring is involved from the RKE brain:

PIN A wire Tran Power door lock motor driver door unlcok

PIN B Wire White Power DOor relay fee unlock Coil

PIN E wire Orange Fused out put _battery *IS That the 12V HOT wire?*

PIn F Wire Light Green Transmission mounted neutral safety switch output-park *IS this really needed?*

Pin G Wire Gray Trunk release enable relay output common contact *Can't i just hook this up to the positive wire to the trunk pop switch?

Pin H wire black/white Trunk release motor feed "This would be the negative lead to the trunk switch?"'

Pin J wire Pink Fused output IGN 1

Pin L wire Black/white Keyless entry program enable signal

Pin N wire Black Ground

Pin R Wire Light blue Power dor lock relay feed lock coil

Pin S Light Green Torque control signal *Is this even necessary?*

What do ya'll think? I know this can't be that complex. It should be just a matter of putting the wires together. I checked the rear speakers in the event there might be a wire harness for the brain but there wasn't so I will be wiring it in myself.

PM Crazy K. He started the swap but gave up because of all the wires that need ran and spliced in. From what I remember him telling me its not just a matter of splicing in a harness, but actually running all new wires from the back where the brain would be located to the front of the car. Personally I would just add an aftermarket unit.

PM Crazy K. He started the swap but gave up because of all the wires that need ran and spliced in. From what I remember him telling me its not just a matter of splicing in a harness, but actually running all new wires from the back where the brain would be located to the front of the car. Personally I would just add an aftermarket unit.

Thanks for the post, I'll Pm. I would do an aftermarket but I already have some Fob's for the rke. I would think it shouldn't be that hard to hook it up. If I get it right I will do a write up at least.

I was thinking of doing this myself, but i thought the connectors for our Luminas were on the passenger side behind the kick panel, I may be wrong, but that where it shows in my FSM and i doubt they would have changed that from 96 to 98.

I was thinking of doing this myself, but i thought the connectors for our Luminas were on the passenger side behind the kick panel, I may be wrong, but that where it shows in my FSM and i doubt they would have changed that from 96 to 98.

Yea I was hoping there would be a simple harness that I could just plug it up and tuck it back away from anything. It was my understanding that the brain sat in the back next to the right speaker in the rear. I took the back seat out to find a harness but no dice. I have seen under the kick panel some wires that are connected and thought when I have more time that I will go under that and at least look to see a unconnected harness to see if it will connect to the brain.

:lol: PMed... and I don't have a good answer. I still need to do the one in the 95. it is the only car i have without one. For me to do it, I need to pull the carper out and all and run wires everywhere.... what I have is the RKE module with the wires attached to it, and i traced every wire to it's end and snipped it out.

I know another member took and replaced the entire harness in his car in order to add the RKE box (in a 96 gp)

most of the wires that need to be connected are in the front, so why not put it under the dash. when i used to use the goodwrench keyless entry kit, they used to mount under the dash. i put the keyless system from a 98 lumina in my son's fiero up under the dash ( where else is there room?) and it works perfect.

most of the wires that need to be connected are in the front, so why not put it under the dash. when i used to use the goodwrench keyless entry kit, they used to mount under the dash. i put the keyless system from a 98 lumina in my son's fiero up under the dash ( where else is there room?) and it works perfect.

Jerry can you give more insight as to what wires you had to consider when you hooked it up? i mean My wire list i have above I am confused about what is the Hot wire, I mean do i need to have it hooked up to a fuse and then ran to the box? I also don't understand why a relay is needed to get the trunk pop to work. I figure it should be a easy wire up once the correct wires were used. Hey did you use that Transmission wire? I mean the "PIn F Wire Light Green Transmission mounted neutral safety switch output-park *IS this really needed?*"

I need to look through my notes to see how I did it in the fiero, that was approx. 5 yrs ago.

Hey let me know what you find, I'd be very appreciative of it :)

I'll probably be working on this next week myself... so.... I can help as i do it.

Crazy, you have a OEM RKE brain too? I didn't know

I'll probably be working on this next week myself... so.... I can help as i do it.

Crazy, you have a OEM RKE brain too? I didn't know

uh..... like 10 of em???? and plenty of FOBs? :lol:

I'm dealing with a 95 CS. the box is already in, and the wiring is coiled up in the corner of the trunk..... I have the wiring info for mine (and for all 90-96 cars)

i need to comapre to what you have and install mine. Key in door = TEH SUCKS!

uh..... like 10 of em???? and plenty of FOBs? laugh

Wow, well at least you have do overs in case you accidentally fry one of them.

I'm dealing with a 95 CS. the box is already in, and the wiring is coiled up in the corner of the trunk..... I have the wiring info for mine (and for all 90-96 cars)

Well at least your starting new with just the original wiring. I have to work with an aftermarket RKE that was installed plus wiring that was piggy backed off the original wiring from the car. It will be a pain none the less. :willynilly: :razz:

Show and tell Pics of whats to come, or whats waiting on me :lol: :

width=640 height=480http://home.comcast.net/~dodge1063/car/Brain.jpg[/img]

width=640 height=480http://home.comcast.net/~dodge1063/car/Wires.jpg[/img]

width=640 height=480http://home.comcast.net/~dodge1063/car/Switch.jpg[/img]

width=640 height=490http://home.comcast.net/~dodge1063/car/Relay.jpg[/img]

width=640 height=480http://home.comcast.net/~dodge1063/car/Wires2.jpg[/img]

Factory alarm system...I've bought them off ebay for like .99 cents (I think that I even got one from gnatgosplat) and they use the factory RKE to arm and disarm.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Buick-olds-Pontiac-gm-Vehicle-Security-System-Vsc3200_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247QQcategoryZ33721QQihZ013QQitemZ230278951469QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

That one is complete, apparently they think that the remotes are included when the system uses the factory stuff.

It's also made by DEI which sells under many reputable name brands.