how would i change the color.....

89SupremeCutty

of the readout on my overhead console from green to blue? im pretty much looking for it to mach my gauges and my pioneer HU. the cover that goes over the readout is a greenish blue and im looking to get it more blue.

If its anything like the readout on like the DICs/Huds/most GM radios, it probably cant be done. A few ppl have used some blue transparent material but IIRC it didnt work out too well.

If its anything like the readout on like the DICs/Huds/most GM radios, it probably cant be done. A few ppl have used some blue transparent material but IIRC it didnt work out too well.

yea it's that same color readout as the dics/huds.

order whatever color overlay, and then replace the screen with two pieces of plexi glass. with the overlay in the middle. isnt too painful. i have been able to do that with my DIC on my GP

order whatever color overlay, and then replace the screen with two pieces of plexi glass. with the overlay in the middle. isnt too painful. i have been able to do that with my DIC on my GP

Didnt you (or someone else) try that on your HUD and it faded in a matter of days though?

Didnt you (or someone else) try that on your HUD and it faded in a matter of days though?

the HUD? well, my HUD was really really dark to begin with, and what happened was you couldnt see the stupid thing during the day at all.....lol....

the DIC is fine, just make sure you sandwich the overlay between two pieces of plexi glass and you will be okay.