I figured out what I want to do to my audio

GPdriver1986

I was thinking of the perfect stereo for the high school boy budget. And I thought of this:

Head Unit any of the following (100-250$)

JVC S690

Panasonic CQDF383 ---My prefered choice

Kenwood KSC-Mp522

JVC KDCX990

Pioneer DEH P6400

Pioneer DEH P2500

Pioneer DEH P3500 --- second choice

Kenwood KDC-217

Amp

Kenwood KAC-5201 (129$ CAN) (connected to kenwood subs)

or

Kenwood KAC-7201 (289$CAN) (connected Rockford Fosgate sub)

Sub

10"(x2) or 12" Kenwood KFC-W2505

Rockford Fosgate 800W 12'' RFP4212

What do you guys think? I'm gonna be keeping my stock speakers for now.

Keeping stock speakers with a good system is like running a TGP on a set of 4 spares...

Have you looked at 1.5 din units like the Pioneer DEH-P77DH/DEH-P47DH, or a used Alpine CDA-DA852/3/5/7 at all? They've got nice displays and they should sound really nice... I use a Pioneer 77 with Infinity Kappa speakers from Ikesound.com (Check there for UNBELIEVABLE STEALS on speakers, the only caveat being lousy shipping/customer service... they sent me a 62.5i speaker at first instead of a 462.5cfp :roll: an easy mistake, but I sure as hell can't fit a 6 1/2 speaker in a 4x6 hole... hell, the stock holes weren't deep enough to comfortably accomodate the 462.5, but I made it work. I digress...) The Kappas sound awesome, even driven straight from the HU, although I plan to get an amp and a sub at some point to further improve the SQ, and give it some bass the speaks don't have quite enough of. I'd definitely recommend this combo.

Well heres my point of view : Right now I think my Delco stereo sounds fine but I wanted to buy a new HU with more features such as remote,mp3 (optional),cd,etc. From there I want to upgrade. Should I go for a low,med,high priced HU?

I got the pioneer DEH P3500 and its great. But the radio quite working so now i have to get a new deck. It really made the sound to my stock speakers awesome. I like it because you can really control the sound to the speakers and subs. I got the stock speakers runnin only mid and high range adn the subs hittin the lows. It sounds awesome. I plan on gettin some kappas component speakers.

In my opinion...I have a Alpine Hu and its been great. They are a bit pricey, but you get what you pay for! Now for amps, they are as important as your head unit. You want clean watts going to your speakers. You mentioned Kenwood and I look the other way when it comes to there amps. Soundstream makes high end amps, but for a budget I would have to say JBL aren't that bad. Right now I have a $75 Legacy amp and it does me fine on a 10inch Soundstream sub. I competed in car audio shows for 3 yrs...so I know that stereo stuff is a chunk of change :wink: .

I would also recommend JVC HU's. Not too expensive for the MP3 feature.

w-body.jpg