questions about stock stereo

GPdriver1986

I have a normal Delco stereo in my GP and I have a few questions about the setup:

1)Where is the amp?

2)How many watts does this stereo pump out?

3)How much power can the speakers handle?

4)If I upgraded my stereo would the system sound better if I replaced my back speakers with premium speakers?

1)Where is the amp?

4)If I upgraded my stereo would the system sound better if I replaced my back speakers with premium speakers?

I have I 96 cutlass. My amp is in the trunk behind the carpet on fender or under rear speakers. If you upgrade speakers get really good ones. I got some cheapos and they can't handle the factory amp so I can't use it. BTW I replaced the stock stereo but I used to use it. It will sound a lot better as long as you get premium speakers, no wal-mart specials. Not sure on amps but it must be above 100watts.

I have a normal Delco stereo in my GP and I have a few questions about the setup:

1)Where is the amp?

A '91 LE right? Your amp is the top piece of the stereo unit

Watts are like 22rms/channel

Speakers can take at least 30w rms

If you keep delco with delco, then you keep the bass. If you use aftermarket speakers, you will gain hi's and clean up the mids

I'd go aftermarket with everything. Any factory speaker, even premium, are not as good as mediocre aftermarket gear and the factory is much more expensive. As far as power goes, you don't have much in a factory deck, maybe 10 watts per channel of continuous power, aftermarket usually ranges from 18-30 in a deck.