Can W-Body's Rally Race?

88Regal Limited

:willynilly: Had some fun today on some old abandoned gravel roads!

NOTE WELL that any resemblance to an actual public roadway is pure co-incidence. This demonstration is an electronic simulation of a car being tested. No actual traffic laws were broken and this video may NOT be used to incriminate the owner of the car.

W-bodies are awesome at rallying, I put my 94 through some crazy stuff. I used to scare the crap out of everyone with my 94 Cutlass, I could take T intersections on gravels at 35-45 mph depending on the intersection. In a W it's very easy to get the ass end loose and slide it around a corner sideways. I had a lot fo fun in my 94.

W-bodies are awesome at rallying' date=' I put my 94 through some crazy stuff. I used to scare the crap out of everyone with my 94 Cutlass, I could take T intersections on gravels at 35-45 mph depending on the intersection. In a W it's very easy to get the ass end loose and slide it around a corner sideways. I had a lot fo fun in my 94.

[/quote']

That ass end saved me in the next to last corner in the vid, I was hauling tits at 65ish, the rear end sliding saved me! :willynilly:

There is gravel road running through the bluff valleys over east from my hometown in MN that I traveled quite frequently one summer, and there are quite a few spots that scare the crap out of people unless they know the road as well as I did. One such spot was a 4 way intersection that had a 20 mph sign going the way I went, but was banked very steeply and could be taken at around 55mph sideways. It was banked more than some dirt race tracks around here, but of course my passengers wouldn't know that and would think they were about to die :lol: One of the worst things you can do in a W (and most FWD's) is to hit the brakes if you think you're going a bit too fast, you'll take all the weight out of the back and lose control. Just steer where you want to go and punch it, control the car with the throttle. The entire reason I like W-bodies is once I started not caring about my 94 Cutlass and beat on it once in awhile, I found it's limits and knew how to control it in just about any situation. It's amazing what these cars can do given their suspension is in decent shape.

My gf used to have a 92 GP LE white 3 speed 4 door, and one time I stole it while drinking :leaving: and went to get more beer, on the way taking the local "river road" and showing my buddy how the W's can handle the gravels like a champ.

Nice video!!

It never took much to get the back end out on my Lumina either. Hell it used to track back and forth down gravel over 65mph anyways haha..just had to snap the wheel one way and crank it back and you're in a full skid haha