Need Help with a Stupid Little Item - Please -

dhs1223

Hello,

I need assistance identifying the correct size fastener for the licence plate frame/holder

for the 1993 - 1997 Cutlass 2 door front licence plate frame/holder.

I recently moved back to Canada after living in the U.S. in a state that did not require

front plates. I have acquired a front plate frame/holder from a member of the forum - thanks again -

but I did not think about the fasteners at the time, now that I am ready to register and plate

the car up here in Ontario, I need to mount the stupid plate holder.

Can someone check or does someone already know what type of fasteners are used to attach

the plate holder to the front bumper?? I went to the dealer and even their great system doesn't

show the part, the illustrations just show the bumper and the plate holder, but no fasteners.

If someone could provide information such as size of fastner - ie: # 8 or # 10 screw, length, thread,

is it a machine type screw or a sheet metal type screw, it would be greatly appreciated. Then I will

go and purchase stainless steel fasteners and never worry about corrosion.

There are two holes in the plate holder that go throught the face of the bumper and two other holes that

add additional holding for the plate holder on the bottom of the bumper.

If no one has this information, would someone be willing to take off their front plate in order to

remove one of the fasteners and check for me??

Once again, thank you in advance as I don't have a U-pick yard anywhere near by that I could just

go and pull an existing one from. I do really miss the Pull-A-Part that was just 1 mile from where I used

to work in Georgia. Take care.

I used stainless steel #14 screws from Lowes, the shortest size they have in the "expensive" drawers. They are the same diameter as license plate screws with a different pitch.

I use these both of holding the plate on, and to attach the front bracket onto the car.

p.s. they cost something like $1.25-1.75 for a bag of five. cheaper than the "proper" ones from the auto store.

Thanks for the information, I just want to keep the car close to original specs, and since it didn't have a front plate before, I want to add it on correctly.

Take care everyone.