ITS ALIVE!! Who's idea was the VATS system? were they fired? I hope so...

CSI_MuNkY

so technicly you still do have a theft deterent... just remove both sets of keys. any would be theif would probably be pretty confused looking under the dash...

LoL no shit eh?

My brother suggested I put a "START" button in place of the key on the column... doubt I will though... 2 keys and if I take it anywhere sketchy I can take both keys out. And with my battery relocation to the trunk I will have to have a shut off on the back of the car, so I can disconnect the battery and reconnect it in a second so that to restart the car you NEED both keys. The way it is set up right now even if I take both out you still only need the non vats key.

Jamie

well if it works, it'll fuckin work, huh?

bull shit!! who ever this dick dangler or dirt diggler is needs to get a real hobby. i may not have went to school to learn this stuff, but i have more exp in the bugger i picked out of my nose last night then what you think you have in you tiny little "stop sending false info fucking brain bitch" if the vats was cappable of "relearning" then why in the hell does he need two fucking keys to start his car you uninformed asshole telling me to stop sending false info. oh yeah and i passed this through a GM Master fucking tech at the local Chevy dealership and he said quote "you are full of shit" "not regular shit smelly runny dog shit"

bull shit!! who ever this dick dangler or dirt diggler is needs to get a real hobby. i may not have went to school to learn this stuff, but i have more exp in the bugger i picked out of my nose last night then what you think you have in you tiny little "stop sending false info fucking brain bitch" if the vats was cappable of "relearning" then why in the hell does he need two fucking keys to start his car you uninformed asshole telling me to stop sending false info. oh yeah and i passed this through a GM Master fucking tech at the local Chevy dealership and he said quote "you are full of shit" "not regular shit smelly runny dog shit"

calm down. if you are REALLY REALLY REALLY looking for some proof of the argument... I am willing to attempt your idea. I know where the VATS module is, and I have several spares.

It has always been my understanding that what I have said is true. I have even re-keyed several cars and swapped the VATS box with the key.

I will try what you have said. If I find out you are correct... You'll get some KUDOS from me.

gie me a day....

ditto. and i will give you a full apology from my end. but then i am going go to my chevy dealership and kick the shit out of Roger, Jason, Mike and Ted for charging me what they do to make new keys instead of letting me in on what i considered to be impossible. basically would mean that they have been lying to me for about 9 years.

ditto. and i will give you a full apology from my end. but then i am going go to my chevy dealership and kick the shit out of Roger, Jason, Mike and Ted for charging me what they do to make new keys instead of letting me in on what i considered to be impossible. basically would mean that they have been lying to me for about 9 years.

not all that uncommon.. hell, maybe they never knew themselves, or werent allowed to tell you otherwise, dealerships do have some "strange" practices, like charging $600 to fix a FUCKING FUEL INJECTOR POWER LEAD after telling me something entirely different........... oh, sorry, my experience with taking things to a dealership for repairs.

read all about it.

http://www.standardbrand.com/web_app/viewfiles/viewfilepublic.asp?Current=TechTips&fname=9303_SPED.PDF&fpath=%2Fweb_app%2Ftechtip%2Fdownload%2F9303_SPED.PDF++++++++++++

I will say... what I have always heard is that only a NEW module learns, as says the Faactory Service Module, and so does this article. AND>>>>>> the relearn procedure you describe is in there... but only for cars that have a BCM/PCM communication system... which our cars don't have....

(still trying later today anyhow)

This thread has gone WAY past the point of mature discussion. You know who you are, and this will not be tolerated.

Jamie, If you think this thread has any value to you at this point PM me and I'll clean it up and unlock it.