HUD install

kuntzie

for my 2001 gt... do these come prewired like 94s and such or is that just luck of the draw type of deal..

also the digital DIC is it swapable with the regular info center or?

n00b to 2nd gen

threres a monte carlo at a local yard here, , black, columm shift... now that is weird people

Not so weird...I've seen MC Z34s with column shift!!

threres a monte carlo at a local yard here, , black, columm shift... now that is weird people

Not so weird...I've seen MC Z34s with column shift!!

ya its a z34, 3.4dohc just weird still

It is very unnerving when you see something like that...Like this is supposed to be a performance car and it has a stick on the column?! LOL

It is very unnerving when you see something like that...Like this is supposed to be a performance car and it has a stick on the column?! LOL

Documented a 95 3.4 monte carlo with the thicker REAR SWAYBAR and a bench and column shift. TRUFTH!

I have read of many 97-03 GP's being prewired for the HUD, but with GM, anything is possible. If you remove the cubby tray where the dimmer switch goes, you should find the HUD adjustment wiring harness behind it.

Yep...My old 1994 CS convertible was supposed to be pre-wired for HUD...But it wasn't.

I've heard a million different stories of thing being prewired or not. The only way to know for sure is to pop open the dash and find out.

If it's 97-00 it's probably prewired.

Since it's 01+ it probably is NOT. My 2001 GT is NOT pre-wired for any thing. Trust me, I looked and even posted over at CGP about this years ago and that was the answer I was given then.

this went completely off topic ahahah, anyways if the wiring is there would it be tucked away / hidden or??

remove the cluster, remove the info center where the DIC goes, and most cars have the wires there. I've snagged a few for projects, but have discovered a few cars were missing them... those were 3100 se.

just installed hud in my daughters 97 gtp. all of the connectors were there. i found a wrecked 97 gtp and took all the hud parts. it took me 2 hours to install. the hardest part was cutting the top of the dash. if the windshield were out i could have cut the dash in 5 minutes but it wasn't too bad. it looks like it was always there and you can see it on the windshield very clear.

If it's 97-00 it's probably prewired.

Since it's 01+ it probably is NOT. My 2001 GT is NOT pre-wired for any thing. Trust me, I looked and even posted over at CGP about this years ago and that was the answer I was given then.

^^