Quick LIM question...

Bryan921SS

So I got the LIM done on my cutlass about a month ago, but now there is a small amount of oil in the overflow tank, and floating just under the cap on the radiator.

The guy that did the job said that due to the nature of my failure there was some oil deposits in the coolant lines. This is normal and that I should just clean it out/soak it up with a shop towel etc.

Anyone ever heard of this happening before?? In total I would say half a teaspoon of oil was cleaned out of the overflow and under the cap. Thanks guys/gals.

Ok thanks...I plan on checking it everyday when she gets home from work....sad thing is the car is running sooo nice, better than it ever has...hopefully nothing is wrong.

just gunk coming to the top of the system... no danger at all unless it escalates, you may continue seeing small amounts appear. don't forget to check the bottom of the oil cap for gunk too.

So if this is normal then why wouldn't the guy have told me to watch out for it...I hate moving to a new town and not knowing where to take your car...thanks again everyone, I will watch it closely and check it everyday...

So if this is normal then why wouldn't the guy have told me to watch out for it...I hate moving to a new town and not knowing where to take your car...thanks again everyone, I will watch it closely and check it everyday...

The guy that did the job said that due to the nature of my failure there was some oil deposits in the coolant lines. This is normal and that I should just clean it out/soak it up with a shop towel etc.

uh.... he did?

Unless you have flushed the system or have changed the oil after 2000kms your going to have coolant in the oil in some fashion.

I would flush both systems to be sure if it's bothering you. If after that you still see residue then more than likely something is up.