Iphone dynolicious results

gpchris

I'm sure that given the correct program that it could. It's not capable of doing so at the moment, because no program exists, but if it had the correct cable and software, sure.

...and if an anchor could float, it wouldn't be an anchor....

I'm sure that given the correct program that it could. It's not capable of doing so at the moment, because no program exists, but if it had the correct cable and software, sure.

Ye of little faith:

http://hackaday.com/2008/09/27/use-rev-on-your-iphone-to-read-your-obd-ii-port/

Also, there's no reason an iPhone couldn't or shouldn't do these things. I'm not sure why the derisiveness, but I would love to have a PCM tuner for my iPhone.

Ye of little faith:

fwiw: that's not a tuner

......that being said, my original point was if someone wants to tune, buy a tuner...not an iphone.....

Ye of little faith:

......that being said, my original point was if someone wants to tune, buy a tuner...not an iphone.....

No shit, and I'm aware the link I posted is NOT a tuner, but it's something else discussed in this thread.

And I'm not telling people to buy an iPhone specifically for tuning. I'm saying it would be nice to have a tuner application to have for the iPhone. I missed the part where I specifically directed anyone to buy an iPhone. :shrug:

carkhz (or however you spell his handle :lol: ) said HE would buy one specifically for that, but I didn't.

Should be about right to the wheels..

almost 31% drivetrain loss.... seems a bit too low if you ask me.

Adams 1994 grand prix se 3100 on a REAL dyno made 124whp. My 1995 grand prix se made 123 on dynolicious... Seems pretty accurate to me.

Ye of little faith:

Also, there's no reason an iPhone couldn't or shouldn't do these things. I'm not sure why the derisiveness, but I would love to have a PCM tuner for my iPhone.

Looks like a nice app, but it needs some kind of Wifi-to-OBDII device. The iPhone has a serial and USB port, but I don't think either is accessible via the iPhone SDK. To write a tuner or scanner is actually a ton easier with Windows Mobile, although there's not nearly a fraction of the following for those compared to iPhones.

BTW, for those who may be ethically challenged, I found both apps on appulo.us. ;)

It'd be a baba booey!!!!

It'd be a baba booey

psixf.jpg

Adams 1994 grand prix se 3100 on a REAL dyno made 124whp. My 1995 grand prix se made 123 on dynolicious... Seems pretty accurate to me.

ok so a 3100 only makes 124hp at the wheels. but what about an lq1? that should make more at the wheels than 123hp. still dosn't seem that accurate.

ok so a 3100 only makes 124hp at the wheels. but what about an lq1? that should make more at the wheels than 123hp. still dosn't seem that accurate.

i don't think it was an LQ1 that was being tested...

those 3100s and trannys must be worn the hell out to lose 31% getting to the ground.

So.... do people really need this or want this?

I don't see why anyone would need it but if you already have an iPod Touch or iPhone (and if there was a decent scanner for iPod touch it wouldn't be terrible to pick one up used for this specific purpose. It's entirely possible that you could get a cable made and an application programmed, unfortunately the market really isn't big enough.) it's $10 for Dynolicious, and that's $$ you don't have to spend on a G-tech that's not quite as accurate, at least from the results I've seen.

People don't NEED either device but it would be interesting to see the results of your vehicle.

However, If you DID have one and some open space, you could charge $10 bucks per vehicle and make 3 runs with 3 results on the weekend and make some coin.

A $10 app could rake in some cash to an entrepreneur. =)

Ye of little faith:

No shit, and I'm aware the link I posted is NOT a tuner, but it's something else discussed in this thread.

And I'm not telling people to buy an iPhone specifically for tuning. I'm saying it would be nice to have a tuner application to have for the iPhone. I missed the part where I specifically directed anyone to buy an iPhone. :shrug:

carkhz (or however you spell his handle :lol: ) said HE would buy one specifically for that, but I didn't.

I would think that most people feel that with all the Iphone has to offer, this is just one other sweet thing for gearheads who have Iphones, not specifically a replacement for a dedicated tuner or scanner.

yep

I've had it on both my ipod touches, and I love this app, I couldn't get lower than an 18 something in the cav Z24 :lol:(it's had a cutout issue for awhile now at anything over 3/4 throttle and above 3.5-4k RPM). I got a 16.2 or 16.3 with my 96 Buick PA Ultra :high5:, can't wait till the international is put together and the new engine broke in properly so I can get some LQ1/284 times.