finally got a front plate filler for the GTP

9lumina6

Got my silvermist plate filler in the mail from a member back in NY on UNYCGP the other day and put it on. Car looks 10x better now then when I was driving around w/ a big ole gap in my front bumper, since Florida only gives 1 tag as most of you know.

Also cleaned her up tonight since I had off work. The bugs are getting BAD down here now driving up I-75 to and from work. Drove it down to Lemon Bay Park a few houses down from me to snap some last minute pics b4 the sun went totally down.

GTP002-1.jpg

GTP001-3.jpg

GTP003-1.jpg

GTP004-2.jpg

I wasn't a fan of the silver in the Gp's. But I see mostly silver and black Gp's in Montreal and the silver is nice to me now.

Your Gp is looking really nice.

focus! focus!! focus!!!

nice looking, but you need a tripod!

not to get my own thread off topic....but my digital camera is really messed up.... if i focus in on something it gets blury....i have no clue why. The 3nd pic down its not as blurry cause i didnt use the focus. I'm poor and own shitty things. So i guess thats what I have to deal with right now. I LOVE going out and taking pictures of random things......i just get too embarrased to post any of them cause they are all like that cause I have an old/low quality camera.

looking great!!!

looks like a different car :wink:

Thanks. I love having my car registered in a state with only 1 plate now. Car looks so much better then it did with a piece of metal on the front of it.

thanks.... my next appearence alterations are going to be putting the polished torque stars back on it when I go back up to NY to visit. They are sitting in the barn at my moms house in NY. And i'm seriously debating taking the Splash guards off, and also maybe even the lettering on the rocker pannels. But i dont know.

I bought a camera for $20 used that takes real nice pictures. pretty much lucked out on that one though. its a very low end polaroid but it is a few years newer than my other one thats always taking blurry pics. and not to mention smaller and I can fit it in my pants pocket.

I love that color on that car.

I would say, YES go for the two things you listed above. I was going to say something about them but I thought you had a use for them and that you were going to be like "I like them, is my car" but if you are thinking about it, it tells me different :mrgreen:

I would say, YES go for the two things you listed above. I was going to say something about them but I thought you had a use for them and that you were going to be like "I like them, is my car" but if you are thinking about it, it tells me different :mrgreen:

The reason why I have the splash guards.... is when I lived in NY, alot of the towns around where I lived stoned various roads every summer.... and i didnt want stones coming up and chipping the paint on the pinch welds and starting rust. But they dont really do that here in Florida, and all the roads that are un-paved here are sand roads...(very light colored dirt, almost white) so i'm not too worried about it any more. Hell the damn car is 9 years old anyways. If it will look better without them, then i'm taking em off.

And as for the lettering on the rocker pannels.....i'm afraid to peel them off cause I dont want to scratch the paint. But i'm sure I will find a way. Maybe I'll let my nails grow out for an extra day or 2 and use them so I dont scratch the paint. lol

• 2 weeks later...

Use a heat gun or a hair dryer. For that matter, put it in the sun and do it. We take the stripes and letters off the cars at work, and we haven't scratched a car yet. Just take your time and use your finger nails or a plastic razor blade.

Use a heat gun or a hair dryer. For that matter, put it in the sun and do it. We take the stripes and letters off the cars at work, and we haven't scratched a car yet. Just take your time and use your finger nails or a plastic razor blade.

Hey dave, I'm gunna be back up in Webster in Late may. Maybe you can come over and help me with that. You know me well, I have very shakey hands. lol

Are you gonna keep the Fla plates when you come back here or register it in NY again?

Yes Florida tag will stay on it as long as humanly possible. I went onlin and changed my mailing address thru the Florida DMV to my NY address. So they will be sending me my registration renewal in January in the mail to NY....and will send all the stuff they send me to NY. I'm still waiting on my GP-FEVER tag..... the DMV county tax office sais it will be to them from Tallahasse sometime this week. And they will let me know so I can go pick it up from them.

I'm gunna keep my Florida licence for as long as i can squeeze that out too. So when my mom gives me her 05 Grand Caravan SXT in the fall....i'm just gunna keep it all in her name (plates and insurance) and just pay her for the insurance. So that way I dont have to change EVERYTHING back to NY so soon.

Thats what i would do considering you just got everything switched over to FL and havent even got your custom plates yet lol. FWIW there people that live in my town that have had FL plates on both their vehicles for several years. And other people that have had Alaska plates for at least 2 years. Technically i think after one year of permanent residence in NY you are supposed to get new plates, but as long as the DMV doesnt catch on for some reason you should be good for awhile. And bonus you wont have to get it inspected as long as you have FL plates!

And bonus you wont have to get it inspected as long as you have FL plates!

DING DING!!! thats exactly why!! I'm running no Cat.... and i'm having an issue with a P1133 code coming up once a week that I have to keep clearing/resetting along with my fuel trims. Since I put the headers on this car last year it's been doing it, cause it gets to the point where it runs lean, and makes the sensor go nuts. When I get this N* TB/LQ4 MAF setup done the person doing it for me is gunna street tune my car better then what I have it now.....so that will hopefully get my fueling issue under controll.