RPM question

cubsfan24

crazy K: you struck something loose in my head with that list... i think it said somewhere in a haynes manual( reliable, i know :lol:) that 95 3100s had oil coolers, is that accurate? i'm not sure what i'm looking for or else i'd figure it out myself

crazy K: you struck something loose in my head with that list... i think it said somewhere in a haynes manual( reliable, i know :lol:) that 95 3100s had oil coolers, is that accurate? i'm not sure what i'm looking for or else i'd figure it out myself

Uh.... No.... HAYNES = FAIL!

But I don't want to say none ever did. You might find one in a HOT WEATHER Climate package on a car. I know my 94 vert parts car with 3.4 had one... so does an engine I got from a 95 3.4 gp, my 95 lq1 rustmobile has no cooler, but it has a cold weather package, with a block heater.

the only cooler that both of my 95 CS's had before i changed them was the factory cooler incorporated into the radiator, that is not enough. an external cooler for either oil or tranny mounted in front of the condensor would be 100% more efficient. external factory coolers must be part of the warm climate pkgs, i service a small fleet of medical transportation vehicles most of which are 3100 lumina's around 95-98 and only 2 out of 11 have external coolers(if it was up to me they all would have them)

i service a small fleet of medical transportation vehicles most of which are 3100 lumina's around 95-98 and only 2 out of 11 have external coolers(if it was up to me they all would have them)

can you tell or show me what you are talking about? are these tranny or oil coolers? how are the setup? pics?

an external cooler is just a small say 8"x11" aluminum finned cooler with a line in line out. fluid passes through the external cooler which is usually mounted in front of the a/c condensor so that a good circulation of air can pass through it, yes they are transmission coolers. the ones without this are just your common automatic tranny style radiators with small ineficient coolers built into the plastic end caps of the radiator. some have coolers built into both end caps and the second may be used for oil but most commonly they are used for cooling power steering fluid. the built in radiator style is the most common set up and yes the external coolers are on there from the factory, although you can purches them almost anywhere automotive for any application. i am sure you already knew this and just didn't understand me