4-Way Flashers

tdvs

'95 Cutlass. When I turn the 4-ways on, the left front, left dash indicator, and both tail lights flash. The right front and dash indicator don't come on at all. When I turn the right turn signal on, everything on the right works fine. What's up with that?

mine does that to. the flashers dont work and if you accidentallly touch the flasher switch at all the turn signals quit. i t just removed the flasher switch and put it in the glove box. lol

Thanks all for the responces, except Jake. Shame on you. That's no way to fix things. If the engine quits working, are you going to just pull it out and through it in the glove box too? :smilielol: :joke:

Seriously tho, checked the lights and all work. With ignition off, tried flashers. Same problem. Turned right signal on at the same time and flashers work right. Turned signal off and wiggled flasher button. If I push it to the left, all lights flash. I'll be getting into the steering column soon for another project I'm working on and should be able to find the problem with flasher button and turn signal switch in hand. Being a vert, I half expect my problem is corrosion. May also be tied to my cruise problem. Was cutting off when hitting a rough spot in the road. Not working at all now.

Another question. Pulled a turn signal stalk out at the j/y yesterday as was indicated in an early post I read. Came out with the wires and plug in tact. B4 I pull mine out like that, is that really how it's done, or does that mess up a clip or something in the column? Don't want to add to my current problems. How does the stalk come apart? Have 2 and would like to take one apart to see what makes it tick.

Sorry about rambling on, and thanks again.

Thanks all for the responces, except Jake. Shame on you. That's no way to fix things. If the engine quits working, are you going to just pull it out and through it in the glove box too?

shhh. dont say that the engine just went out 7000 miles ago, and i am going to fix it as soon as i get a job