Power wiring

xtremerevolution

So the other day I decided to seafoam my regal in an empty parking lot. Filled it up with 3/4 a bottle of seafoam, shut down the car, and waited 15 minutes.

I tried to turn the key, and it cranked a couple of times, then locked up. Each time I tried to turn the key after that, all I heard was a click, which sounded exactly like what happened the last time when my battery wires were loose.

Now, it was a bit of an annoying situation, as some of us will remember that guy here who left seafoam in his car for 2+ hours. I wasn't about to do the same. Luckily I had my tools in the back of the car, as I carry them everywhere I go (don't ask why).

So after a bit of work, I discovered that my starter-to-battery wire was (and still is) completely corroded, as were the terminals of a few other wires I had connected.

So here's the plan. I want to get a distrubution block instead of messing with these stupid terminals, and I need to run new wiring for the starter, and for everything else that needs larger than a 4AWG wire under that hood. Can anyone suggest some suitable wiring and a distribution block? I have to be able to connect the starter wire, two 4AWG wires, two 8AWG wires, and another at least 2AWG wire to the battery.

Why am I using a distribution block instead of terminals? Because they corrode, they get loose, and they're annoying as hell to crimp.

So what can you guys suggest as far as wiring and a distribution block? Thanks.

Are you sure you didn't just hydrolock your engine with the Seafoam?

Pull your sparkplugs out, pull the ECM fuse, and crank it over. That will clear the cylinders out.

Are you sure you didn't just hydrolock your engine with the Seafoam?

Pull your sparkplugs out, pull the ECM fuse, and crank it over. That will clear the cylinders out.

Not sure if I didn't clarify this in the original post, but I ended up cutting half an inch off of the starter wire to get down to less corroded wire, sanding off all the terminals, reconnecting it all, and starting the car up. Turned over just fine once I got the wiring connected again.

Now how about that wiring?

dude if you want a totally overkill electrical then use weld cable for your battery cables. high quality distribution blocks can be gotten at any car audio supplier they can be gotten with multiple awg connections. also the same place you get your cable from should also sell solder on copper loop terminals to accept big wire. great way to wire up for high draw amps. would be awsome to add about a 190 amp altenator to the set up.

thanks slick. now I just need to find a distribution block.

do I need a terminal for the starter wire at the starter like what I need for the alternator?

You can pick up bags of brass terminals on ebay for pretty good prices.

I picked up a bag of 25 brass 0 guage ring terminals for like $15 shipped off of there.

You can do the same with the distribution block as well.