john99gtp

I recently just got my rear brakes fixed by the guy that does inspections for me, and I noticed he uses a special tool to push the piston in all the way (4 wheel discs). He said he need to turn the piston because of the parking brake mechanism. My question is, do I have to do the same thing to the front brakes, or should I be able to use a C-Clamp to push the piston in. My front brakes are wearing down fast, I have yet to replace them since I have owned the car, and have down the rear brakes twice so far. I am also getting a pulsation when I apply the brakes, and was told its because of the rotors, they might be warped or scored(sp?).

If its easy, I would rather do the front brakes myself, save some money.

Thanks in advanced.

John

Yes the pulsation is caused because your rotors are warped, front rotors are very cheap to replace so don't worry . As for the pads you can use a normal c-clamp in the front but be sure to put your old pad on top of the piston so the clamp doesn't actually touch and damage the piston, also you have to take off the cap on the master cylinder.

Yes the pulsation is caused because your rotors are warped, front rotors are very cheap to replace so don't worry . As for the pads you can use a normal c-clamp in the front but be sure to put your old pad on top of the piston so the clamp doesn't actually touch and damage the piston, also you have to take off the cap on the master cylinder.

But none of this "screwing" type deal he had to do with the rear ones?