New here.

john99gtp

I just signed up today, and was pointed to this forum by RedFox340. I have read some of the topics, and must say you guys know a lot about the W-Body.

I have a 1992 Lumina 3.1L, and would like to make it faster. Right now I am running about 17.4 on the 1/4 mile @ 76.79mph.

If I run into any problems with my car, you guys will definantly hear about them :D

[edit]Forgot to mention, if you want to see my timeslips for the 1/4 mile, you can goto http://barbieri.dyndns.org/drag [/edit]

John

I just signed up today, and was pointed to this forum by RedFox340.

I have read some of the topics, and must say you guys know a lot about the W-Body.

John, welcome aboard! Glad you signed on!

Did those 3.1L MPFI performance part ideas help out?

Let us know what we can do for ya'!

- Erik

Welcome aboard, John. You got three tenths on me in the 1/4 and a couple of MPH. Any mods?

All I did was have a friend drill some holes in the airbox. And it took off 3/10ths, before i was running like :gets out time slips: 17.8 average, best was 17.758 out of five runs. Now, with the holes, i got 17.474, 17.581, 17.640 (spun them that round).

Erik, im gonna do my best, but it still sucks that I will have to make my own intake.

BTW, anyone know what the max speed of the 3.1L MPFI (both mph and RPM?), cause i noticed that FFP allows you to set your own.

John

3.1L redlines at 6K, and the yellow line is at 5500. The auto shifts at 5300 or 5400 I think. The ECM limits vehicle speed to 120 mph, I think. Mines been to 115 before, so I guess 120

Robby

when im at WOT, my tranny shifts at 5800 rpm and the fastest ive gone is 120 mph

Nice. I wish I had a tach so I knew when it shifts. Wish my speedometer went to 120. 85 STAY ALIVE! Wish a lot of things. bah.

any ways to get the display/dash from a monte into the lumina?

just saw my friends dash on his monte, he just got it today, lucky b@stard.

No, but you can get the upgraded Euro or Z34 Lumina gauges.

There *may* be wiring involved, but Search the forum, because this has been discussed before.

- Erik

Guest TurboSedan
when im at WOT, my tranny shifts at 5800 rpm and the fastest ive gone is 120 mph

my '91 Oldsmobile with the '90 Getrag 282 5-speed would get to 116mph and cut out right there (in 5th gear).....i bounced off of it twice in a row and could not hit 117mph. but i have the '90 Grand Prix engine wiring and ECM/chip that came with the trans on the engine in the car also. i plan on getting a custom chip to let the car get up to 150 at least (via modded TGP engine). and thank god i don't have that awfull 4T60 anymore.....

fwiw i usually shift about 5200-5500 RPM when racing. i've never got any time slips with my n/a 3.1/5-speed setup....but i'm *guessing* high 16's. i know it got a helluva lot faster after i put the 5-speed in tho....definately a huge improvement in 60ft times i'm guessing (again). it would Rocket up to 50mph but then die off....it doesn't really matter now i guess, i blew the trans, and gotta get a new one. i also have a TGP engine waiting to go in. so right now my car is basically slower than any car here :lol: hopefully i'll get to mid/high 13's without a turbo/crossover upgrade tho.

moral of the story: add 10psi of boost & a 5-speed :) say hello to low 14's and fun canyon driving.

joshua

No, but you can get the upgraded Euro or Z34 Lumina gauges.

There *may* be wiring involved, but Search the forum, because this has been discussed before.

- Erik

Upgrade gauges? What do you search for? and what do they get upgraded to?