what to look for in a 98+ gp

FordBoy

The gf is looking for a gp/gt. What are some common things to look for? She found 01 gp gt 4dr for $6450 with 70k miles black fully loaded with leather. The door panals are starting to fall off the doors (all four of them) A LOT of touch up paint around the fenders, and both front and rear bumpers repainted. It rides smooth and drives/runs fine. I don't think is a very good deal but she thinks it is. So I'm woundering if there is anything else I should lpk over and if she's right and uts a desent deal?

It sounds like its been in an accident so I would look for frame damage... I would have it sent to a shop and inspected... With that much body work, I would not pay more than 4k...

No. If it's as you describe I'd pay $3k tops for that.

We picked up our '99 GP GT that's fairly loaded minus leather, HUD and S/C, and we paid $1500 for it with body damage (no frame damage). Unscathed it's probably worth $2500.

i agree, that is too much. I paid $6k for my mint, fully loaded 00 GTP.

anyhoo, what to look for..

-check suspension for rust and/or broken parts. trailing arms and sway bar ends in particular.

L36

-intake plenum been replaced yet?

-LIM's been replaced yet?

L67

- recall on front valve cover gasket been done?

- LIM's

- is it modded?

The gf is looking for a gp/gt. What are some common things to look for? She found 01 gp gt 4dr for $6450 with 70k miles black fully loaded with leather. The door panals are starting to fall off the doors (all four of them) A LOT of touch up paint around the fenders, and both front and rear bumpers repainted. It rides smooth and drives/runs fine. I don't think is a very good deal but she thinks it is. So I'm woundering if there is anything else I should lpk over and if she's right and uts a desent deal?

that car is WAY overpriced......hell, I could buy two solid GTs for that price

Much like Al, I've done very little to my 2003 GT. Serpentine belt and water pump.

Also the damn fan resistor - that was messed up when I got it.

I've had it since 101,000km, and now it has 119,000km (Dec. 07 purchase).

That price is miles too high.

One thing that I have noticed is all of the 2001+ cars have outside door panels that are falling off - it's retarded!